The Digital Marketing Strategist will serve as the expert in developing and maximizing our members’ (clients’) digital marketing presences to grow their Authority in their industry, community, or marketplace.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Marketing Strategist is to assess a members’ digital presence and subsequently architect and orchestrate content-driven, trackable campaigns to enhance their visibility — leading to audience engagement and, ultimately, accomplishing the member’s goals (increased awareness, follower growth, website traffic, leads, etc). This individual will also be responsible for tracking and reporting results, and therefore needs to be fluent in digital analytics.
Digital Marketing Strategists are up-to-date on the latest trends in content and social media and what types of content resonate best on specific platforms. They work with Members to best understand their “voice” to ensure the most effective message delivery.
Strategists will collaborate closely with other Account Team Members (Authority Advisor, Account Manager, Social Media Manager, Web Designer/Developer, and Content Manager) as needed.
• Design marketing strategies to help reach member goals; oversee content creation on behalf of up to 15 members.
• Grow the quantity and quality of followers for each client consistently each quarter. Track and report the total number of followers and engagement per member channel via the Authority Tracker to demonstrate the success of digital marketing efforts.
• Increase leads generated through online channels. Present monthly numbers that reflect the effectiveness of strategy based on downloads, form completions, shares, and other relevant metrics.
• Ensure >95% of editorial calendar deadlines are met using original, outsourced, or contributor content. Manage internal and external contributors to ensure timelines are met for all deliverables, ads, drip campaign sequences, and social media posts.
• Remain up-to-date on the latest trends in content mediums, digital advertising, social media, and search engine optimization.
• Design digital marketing strategies and executional timelines to help reach Member goals including but not limited to, branding, targeted content marketing, SEO, and digital advertising.
• Ensure websites are search engine optimized via keyword research and strategic content creation.
• Provide feedback and revisions on client deliverables (website copy, social media posts, blogs, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Direct, implement, and manage digital advertising campaigns on platforms including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Serve as the Account Team expert as it relates to digital marketing.
• Grow the quantity and quality of social media followers for each Member based on established goals.
• Monitor and report SEO, web traffic, and campaign results from other engagement offers.
• Demonstrate success each quarter through reporting effects of activities (followers, engagement, per channel, etc.) on the Authority Tracker.
• Compile data across all platforms and create reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations, and future strategy development.
• Manage development of all content for websites, social media, and other digital assets.
• Understanding of latest trends in social media, content mediums, digital advertising, search-engine optimization, etc.
• Work with Account Team members regularly to ensure collaboration, support, and success.
• Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
• Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
• High Standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
• Flexibility/Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
• Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Preferred Skills And Experiences
• 3 years of experience as a Digital Strategist, Social Media Manager, or the equivalent within a marketing/digital agency.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and CRM software, SEO, and SEM. Wordpress experience and Google Data Studio are a plus.
• Proven experience implementing and managing digital advertising campaigns (on search and social).
• Demonstrates good presentation skills — is able to discuss marketing strategies fluidly, confidently, and persuasively to members.
• Ability to work independently and problem-solve
• Flexible and resourceful
• Highly organized and attentive to detail
• Bachelors degree or higher
• Experience working within digital/related media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Ads, CRM/drip campaigns, social scheduling software)
• Experience planning/mapping websites
• Experience with G-Suite and Mac Office environments
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role regularly uses a laptop as well as online cloud-based file management systems (such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) and participates in online video-based (Zoom, Google Meet) calls. This role may, on occasion, need to use standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, and telephone. Near visual acuity is required in order to work with computers.
• May occasionally require the employee to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee should be able to sit for an extended period of time.
• Employee may be occasionally required to perform light to moderate lifting of office supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Advantage | ForbesBooks is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental/Vision program, 401(k) with company contribution and other nice perks. Advantage has a solid reputation for being a great place to work and we highly value the commitment and contribution of those on our team.
This position is open to remote applicants. Applicants within the greater Charleston area will have a hybrid WFH/in-office schedule at our Charleston, South Carolina office. Team Members are eligible for health, dental and vision benefits the first day of the month after thirty (30) days of employment. Eligibility for all other benefits is at ninety (90) days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR