Graphics Technical Manager position is a utility position that requires the ability to work well among multiple teams, manage the output of all of the Graphics-related projects they are working on, and provide support to teams in the field. This starts with helping to lay the technical foundation for all of the elements from the Creative Team while also keeping track of the functionality for the Operators at the events. This role requires willingness to take responsibility for every single Operator working events for us and staying current on all hardware/software. This job will constantly be communicating with and updating 3 core teams. Vendors providing Amazon hardware, software and Creative – must remain in constant contact to ensure everything is staying on schedule and works within framework we are building. This includes staying up to date on all software and hardware and any updates that are needed. As part of this - management of the Graphics Hub that will be used by all events will be a core responsibility and will be an ongoing project with new elements constantly added. Additionally, logistics of all Graphics hardware and licenses that Amazon owns will be fundamental to success in this role. Live events – tasks will include making sure everything needed for Graphics & AR is ready and available, including the documentation to be able to properly do the job. Testing updates before they are sent to the field and being available whenever needed by Live Events team is required. Support – work with AWS & vendors designated Technical Account Managers to keep track of and fix any issues that arise. Building a relationship with all of our partners in the studio and the field and having an open-door policy towards coming to us with any issues big or small will help to make sure we stay ahead of anything happening at any of our events and in the studio. Further responsibilities would include working with Media Asset Management team and being up to speed and available for MAM projects and Graphics integration. This includes organization of media ingest and Viz Story troubleshooting.
Key job responsibilities
Graphics Technical Manager within the Amazon Live Production team is an important contributor to the product line across all Live Sports. Focusing on sustainable standards and practices that apply to all products within the pipeline and working with other stakeholders within the Amazon Prime Video group, the manager will be responsible for delivering the highest quality of Graphics production to Amazon’s customers on every event, every time.
• Oversee day to day workflow of all assets and documents to make sure they are efficiently delivered as required and outlined in Prime Video Live Sports Production Post Delivery Guidelines for each live event.
• Work closely with Production teams and Vendors to manage timely delivery of assets.
• Liaise with production teams (internal and external) and vendors regularly to ensure best practices are communicated as the delivery of assets move into the QC stage.
• Ensure that all assets and documents (broadcast materials, archival elements/paperwork) are efficiently delivered as required and outlined in PVLS Delivery Guidelines (this includes but is not limited to confirming that assets adhere to technical specifications, follow mandated file naming conventions and pass QC).
• Learn new platforms as in-house Graphics tools expand.
• Collaborate with Technology teams to improve existing tools and operational workflows by identifying problem areas and providing smart solutions.
• Prior experience in production or post production processes and facilities
• Previous background in international content or localization of content a plus
• Knowledge of digital graphic assets and file formats required
• Ability to coordinate and track high volume of work through an end to end workflow
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, can clearly articulate and document technical processes
• Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, tools, workflow and technology
• Project management experience desired
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Light travel may be required
About The Team
The Global Live Sports Production Technical Operations team (a/k/a “PVLS Tech Ops”) leads designs and technologies for all live sport properties in support of the Global Production Team.
• 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
10 Years Experience with Broadcast Graphic Systems
10 Years working in Live Sports
Experience with AR/VR/XR systems and broadcast implementation
Project Management at scale
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1760045