Come join a team that has a personal and meaningful impact on the career trajectories of Amazonians worldwide. Amazon Technical Academy (ATA) is an end-to-end learning and placement program designed to empower those without a software engineering background to take on technical roles within the company.
Since our inception in 2017, we have enrolled over 220 Amazon employees in our full-time instructor-led program. To date, over 95% of our graduates have either secured software development engineering roles or are on track to do so after completing their internships. We aim to expand worldwide, enabling thousands of Amazonians in non-technical roles to level up their careers as SDE-I’s, thereby creating a technical talent pipeline that is diverse, high-quality, and frugal when compared against standard hiring channels.
To support this long-term vision, we seek a Program Manager of ATA Participant Experience. As the Program Manager of ATA Participant Experience, you will serve as the primary point of contact and advocate for applicants to and participants enrolled in ATA. You’ll also work directly with applicants and participants to provide services and programs that foster a frustration-free, engaging, and positive atmosphere and enable participants to flourish in our virtual training environment.
• Partnering with ATA’s Program Manager of Admissions & Enrollment to develop an inclusive and frustration-free application process for ATA applicants. Activities include, but are not limited to: managing ATA’s IT Loaner Resource Program for applicants who lack laptops and network access; administering ATA’s application process, including validating applicant eligibility and sending invitations to our entrance assessments; and coordinating volunteers to facilitate study and review sessions for applicants and participants transitioning to ATA.
• Acting as the primary point of contact for and provide general assistance to applicants who have concerns and/or questions about the application process.
• Partnering with ATA’s Sr. Program Manager of Participant Experience to develop, implement, and continuously improve on ongoing programming that enhances the quality of the participant experience, builds community, and provides valuable exposure to life as a software engineer. Activities include, but are not limited to: planning community-building and other extracurricular events and providing struggling participants with early intervention support.
• Representing participant interests and resources in a variety of contexts (e.g. enrollment management, budget, academic advising, risk management, etc.) and advise leadership as the voice of and advocate for participants’ issues, rights, and concerns.
• Identifying, evaluating, and implementing opportunities to scale ATA’s internal program through partnerships with other operations organizations both in the U.S. and internationally.
To succeed in the role, the ideal candidate will demonstrate deep customer obsession in supporting Amazonians through our full-time training and job placement program, high earns trust to build cohesive relationships across our internal and external partners, and strong ability to deliver results as we scale our program throughout the U.S. and beyond.
4+ years relevant work experience in program management, human resources, operations, and/or related field(s)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Prior experience in admissions and/or student relations
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing and speaking skills
• Willingness to roll up sleeves, immerse in a wide array of tactical and strategic challenges, and find innovative, customer-obsessed, scalable solutions
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
• Demonstrated ability to audit and improve existing processes and ideate and implement new processes
• Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving, often ambiguous environment
• Ability to work cross-functionally across tech and non-tech stakeholders and build support for projects
• Prior experience with Salesforce administration
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1728329