Ever aspired to build best-in-class shopping experience for millions of customers visiting Amazon.com everyday? Do you like to be at the center of launching new, fascinating devices every year worldwide? Is your DNA beaming with innovation and fueled by passion to use machine learning, big data, and latest AWS tools and technologies to build new platforms and services that operate well at scale? If yes, continue reading...
Who We Are
We are the ones that make millions of customers on Amazon.com browsing and shopping for Amazon Devices like Echo, Tablets, Kindle, and Fire TV a reality and in several offline channels. We are one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Who You Are
As the lead software engineer for the Amazon Devices business, you will own the long-term technical and architectural vision and strategy and a robust execution plan to build products, features, and services that facilitate the entire customer journey starting from search until checkout. This is a highly visible role and inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with multiple product managers, design, senior and principal engineers across multiple teams and orgs to deliver new products, features, and services. We already have a lot of exciting, greenfield opportunities on our roadmap ready to go.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background, customer obsession and the ability to thrive in a ambiguous environment. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will also lead and mentor other talented engineers on the team. You are a champion when it comes to code reviews and design reviews. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills and knowledge of object oriented development and an established background developing web based applications and services across multiple platforms or high-volume service architectures.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development from scratch
• Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment is preferred
• Understanding of performance tradeoffs, load balancing and operational issues
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1494665