The ideal candidate has a digital-first background with consumer brands and lives and breathes design, typography, color theory, and composition. You thrive when immersed in all things related to design and have a passion for emerging social channels and new ways of engaging and delighting online communities.
A true collaborator at heart, you possess a love and appreciation for the craft of storytelling that resonates with the client and creates positive impacts towards a better future for people and the planet.
• Digital-first mindset you will have a finger on the pulse of new visual trends and the competitive landscape to pull forward best-in-class visual ideas and solutions, with particular attention to Paid Media and Social creative
• Organized and excellent at communicating with your team, you will be able to articulate creative rationale and vision, while being open to receiving feedback to push for excellence
• Collaborate with the photography team in planning photo and video shoots. You will help storyboard, create mood boards, and design and execute concept creative for Paid Media and Social in support of Senior Visual Designers.
• You will contribute to Paid Media and Social creative guidelines for use by internal and external creative partners
• Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail and meeting important milestone deadlines
• Collaborate and ideate with key creatives and marketing business stakeholders and external agency teams to concept, develop, and execute creative for campaign product launches, digital, and social assets for the brand
• You will contribute ideas to help bolster brand love and advocacy through best-in-class, ownable brand creative
• Have a keen attention to design details when versioning creatives across multiple formats, and find channel-specific solutions in the most effective way possible to maintain consistency and cohesion across all visual assets
• Attend all weekly project kickoffs, creative reviews and examine assigned project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and requests
• Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail, you will be self-motivated and proactive
• Prioritize and manage own workload while taking ownership of deadlines across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Work independently to anticipate problems before they arise; find solutions and follow-up on own initiative
• Stays current on industry trends, social sentiment, and competitors
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required
• 3+ years of digital design experience with a focus in Paid Media and Social with a portfolio showcasing proven expertise and involvement in creating high-performance creative for beauty and fashion brands is a must
• Proven strong visual design executions, excellent typography & layout skills, and a keen eye for details and brand identity systems
• Experience working with marketing teams and demonstrated management of creative execution process, and ability to positively respond to critique/feedback
• Expert in current graphic design tools for Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, and the like), Microsoft Office, and Google collaboration applications
• Knowledge of the latest design trends and best practices (Digital, Social, Paid Media)
• Self-disciplined and motivated in a fast-paced environment that requires strategic thinking, organization, and strong attention to detail
• Self-starter, positive attitude, sense of humor, and can work independently but values collaboration and feedback
• Interest and enthusiasm for clean beauty, skincare, and making a positive impact on people and the planet
• You can create basic animated GIFs and videos. Working knowledge of Premiere and After Effects to edit videos and create motion graphics with text/graphic overlays is a plus
• Any motion graphic or video editing applications are a plus
• Understanding and insights into the latest trends in digital channels for beauty/fashion/lifestyle a plus
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Biossance products are available at Biossance.com and Sephora .
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all.
Make Good, No Compromise .
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com .
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants .
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention