You are first and foremost creative and forward-thinking, and able to work outside of the box and maintain, evolve, and elevate the Biossance brand standards. You thrive in ambiguity and autonomy in an extremely fast-paced environment with many priorities and deadlines. You will support business development initiatives led by the Social and Paid Media Marketing Teams and participate in brainstorms and sell creative ideas to business partners.
You will work closely with the Social and Paid Media Marketing Managers, the Creative Director, and key stakeholders, translating marketing and brand strategies into successful motion graphic visuals. The ideal candidate is a true collaborator at heart. You possess a real love and appreciation for design and designed products that resonate with the client and create positive impacts towards a better future for people and the planet.
• Work with our design and video teams to collaborate and create quality motion graphics for new product launches, seasonal marketing campaigns, brand moments that will be featured on Social and Paid Media channels (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Tik Tok, and more).
• Concept and develop visually engaging content graphics that bolsters brand love, advocacy, and education.
• You generate ideas quickly, articulate them well, and are hyper-organized while efficient towards meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to effectively communicate your vision, present, and explain creative decisions/rationale to key stakeholders.
• Adept at preemptively identifying problems, asking the right questions, and devising solutions.
• Skills in versatility and adaptability with the capacity to handle multiple projects and re-prioritize as needed, while remaining flexible through the revision process and keep keen attention to detail.
• Devise creative solutions to maximize creative content output with efficiency, while maintaining brand standards and best practices for our paid media and organic social.
• Work closely with video editors to devise efficient workflows when integrate motion graphics into multiple format video asset deliverables.
• 5+ years of experience in a motion graphics position.
• Experience working with multiple teams and ability to contribute to team meetings with your knowledge in motion graphics and integrated workflows with editors.
• Growth mindset essential. Always try new things and eager to learn new tools and tech.
• Bring story telling opportunities to life with engaging motion graphic design for our community.
• Critical thinking, and can translate abstract ideas into prototype, sketches and executable concepts.
• Ability to manage under uncertainty and ambiguity. You will be tackling many abstract open-ended projects so having an objective mindset and strong organization skillset is going to be crucial to this role.
• Seeks newness and always stay up to date on the latest design trends and tech.
• Ability to take ownership and responsibility that support the team and make others successful.
• Can-do, easygoing, team player attitude.
• Great verbal and written communication skills.
• Expertise and fluency in current digital design practices, Adobe CC graphic applications with a particular attention to video and motion graphics.
• Creating storyboards.
• Fluency with online collaboration applications (Google Tools).
• Video editing is a plus!
• Preferred Skills and Technical Expertise.
• After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D a plus.
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Biossance products are available at Biossance.com and Sephora .
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all.
Make Good, No Compromise .
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com .
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants .
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention