Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, results-oriented, and entrepreneurial Analyst Relations (AR) program lead for AWS’ Advertising and Marketing business.
This person will develop and execute an AR program to accelerate the education of industry analysts, create opportunities to influence key voices in the advertising technology (AdTech) and marketing technology (MarTech) space, and drive third-party analyst insight back into the business.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast-growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business. Our team’s role is to inform these analysts and explain how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns
The ideal candidate will have experience running AR/strategic communications programs, and understands the ins and outs of working with industry analysts, ideally in the AdTech and/or MarTech space. A successful candidate will also have demonstrable experience earning trust with multiple internal teams, identifying needle-moving opportunities, and systematically prioritizing competing business needs. The candidate will also have working knowledge of marketing and advertising technology trends and realities.
You must be comfortable working cross functionally and demonstrate bias for action. Being able to establish trust with a variety of stakeholders, improve processes, and find creative way to remove blockers are a must.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and execute the Marketing and Advertising AR program to educate and influence the analyst community.
• Drive analyst awareness of AWS in the marketing and advertising space and expand analysts’ understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing.
• Identify and work with internal teams to highlight customer stories and share with analysts in new, unique, and compelling ways.
• Deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, inquiries, events, webinars, and reporting results.
• Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research reviews, customer references, event speakers, and research.
• Maintain real-time and accurate records of analyst engagement in order to communicate business value and identify areas for improvement
• BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, business, or equivalent related experience.
• 7+ years of communications experience (AR/PR/Marketing)
• 3+ years of experience working in cloud computing, enterprise IT, MarTech and/or AdTech
• Experience in strategy development and execution, focused on delivering tangible results and business impact
• Experience with project management tools
• 7+ years of AR experience at an organization dealing with technology and/or marketing and advertising
• Previous experience in cloud computing via communications programs or a marketing role
• Ability to translate complex concepts into compelling stories
• Passion for working in a lean, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
• Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and evolving role
• Natural tendency to invent, simplify, and take innovative approach to AR
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership
• Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
• Creative thinker with bias for action
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Benefits overview: https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/landing_pages/benefitsoverview-us
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $102k - 160k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1769096