Assc Dir-Sr Systems Engineer (100% Remote – Throughout US)
Hands-on and eager to make an immediate impact upon joining the team, the successful Senior Data Engineer will
• Improve the way Data Science and Software Engineering applications work and interact with big data.
• Design and implement data pipelines that leverage key AWS big data services, including Lambda, Glue, Lake Formation, API Gateway, Redshift, Athena, Elasticsearch Service, and Spark EMR.
• Create and maintain environments to support rapid development of AI and ML models, training, and proof-of-concept products.
• Work closely with Data Science engineers to understand pipeline requirements, and DevOps engineers to facilitate CI/CD deployment.
• Define data engineering software development and architecture best practices, and advocate those practices through both example and mentorship.
• Author technical design documents, architecture diagrams, and other standard documentation.
• Enhance, refine, test, and troubleshoot production data systems, including scalability,
performance, and technical environment issues.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
• 7+ years of professional data engineering design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise cloud-based production applications.
• Production experience implementing industry standard big data frameworks, such as Spark, Redshift, Elastic MapReduce, AWS Glue, Redshift, or Hive
• Production experience with standard search frameworks, such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene
• Production experience with data access techniques for relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL, as well as NoSQL datastores such as MongoDB or DynamoDB
• Experience integrating with AWS Machine Learning systems, such as SageMaker, Kendra, Translate, or Comprehend.
• Experience with standard CI/CD tools and systems, such as Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud Formation, and Docker.
• Exposure to non-AWS cloud-based data engineering systems, such as Snowflake or Databricks
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as QuickSight, Tableau, or Qlik
Know Your Customer OU (KYC OU)
At Moody’s Analytics Know Your Customer (KYC) / Know Your Supplier (KYS), we solve problems that matter. We are a cross-functional team of sales and marketing, technology and product professionals who are all passionate about preventing criminal infiltration of the world’s financial system and bringing transparency to global supply chains by detecting fraud, terrorism, human trafficking, and other criminal threats. We combine the agility, passion and dynamism of a startup with the strong positioning and stability of a large corporation, providing our people with dynamic career paths and mobility options across the US, Europe, and APAC, all while having access to the entire Moody’s network. We empower our people and are committed to helping them reach their goals.
Job Req ID
Moodys Analytics (MA)
Line of Business
Know Your Customer OU (KYC OU)
Alpharetta, Atlanta, Boca Raton, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hoboken, King of Prussia, Miami, Newark, Omaha, San Francisco, South San Francisco, Tallahassee, Walnut Creek, Washington DC
Engineering & Technology
Job Sub Category
Working at Moodys
Moodys (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moodys combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody’s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
Candidates for Moodys Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary