The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
This is a new and unique opportunity for a talented and highly motivated Assigning Editor who will guide and develop a team of writers and who is excited about advancing Coursera’s mission to provide universal access to the world’s best education. Assigning Editors play a key role in identifying editorial opportunities and driving organic search traffic and other business metrics. In this role, as Coursera’s first Assigning Editor, you will be instrumental in building and scaling Coursera’s editorial process. You will identify the best ways for Coursera to reach new audiences at various stages in their journey, build brand trust, and inspire confidence. You will be responsible for defining and executing editorial strategy for an assigned vertical. You will partner closely with writers, SEO, marketing, creative, and product teams to publish high-quality content, grow readership, work towards big goals, and have fun doing it.
• Define and execute SEO-oriented editorial strategy, roadmap, and calendar, while owning targets to scale Coursera’s organic visitor growth
• Lead and manage a team of experienced writers to execute the editorial strategy
• Identify editorial opportunities using keyword and competitive research and assign them to the writers
• Ensure content is of the highest quality and clearly communicates benefits to the readers, while meeting brand and legal requirements for voice, tone, and structure
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to source relevant data points, expert perspectives, learner stories, or any other materials that make our editorial content unique
• Monitor and analyze published content performance and Google SERP competition; optimize content regularly to gain topical authority and increase ranking positions of our editorial content in Google Search
• 5+ years of consumer-facing copy-editing with demonstrable knowledge of editing for composition, style consistency, and SEO optimization
• Demonstrated experience managing a small team of writers and their ongoing assignments
• Experience performing keyword research using SEO tools to identify new topic opportunities for writers
• Experience using SEO and content optimization tools, such Frase, MarketMuse, Clearscope, SEMrush, Moz, etc., to improve quality and operational efficiency
• Demonstrable experience growing organic search traffic via editorial content
• Demonstrable knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style
• Understanding of user experience and creating positive experiences for readers
• Experience in edtech, career development, or higher education
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
• Marketing Analytics
• The Power of Team Culture
• Learning How to Learn
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here