Such regulations include: Payments and Banking Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Know your Customer (“KYC”), Money Transmitter, NACHA, PCI, Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act.This role also will be responsible for negotiating partner agreements with financial institutions and other payments partners to support Zelis’ growing and evolving product suite.Experience in the healthcare industry and with commercial contracts also required.
The attorney will partner with Zelis Payments leadership and enterprise stakeholders to provide guidance on all facets of banking and electronic payment regulations. The position will entail provision of legal advice on a regulatory and compliance issues, business unit support and drafting complex agreements.
Location: Membership in good standing in the State Bar as an attorney qualified to practice law in one of the jurisdictions in which Zelis has a primary office (Bedminster, NJ, Atlanta, GA, St. Petersburg, FL or St. Louis, MO, preferably in Florida) or the ability to obtain in-house counsel authorization in one of these States.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include
• Provide and coordinate legal advice across complex issues for the products that you support and in connection with the development and implementation of innovative product solutions as part of the new business initiative process.
• Collaborate with enterprise business teams and Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Affairs colleagues to resolve complex issues, develop policies, procedures and training materials to advance the business objectives in a compliant manner.
• Draft, negotiate and advise the business on a wide range of documentation and transaction structures for the Zelis Payments business including trust accounts and financial transactions.
• Manage external counsel, as required, on transactional and product matters, including review and analysis of legal opinions.
• Assist Zelis’ fraud recovery team to reduce and combat payments fraud.
• Advise the businesses on key and emerging legal/regulatory issues.
• Evaluate new product development and compliance with governing law and regulation.
• Attend internal and external meetings to provide support and legal counsel.
• Law school degree required (JD)
• 6-12 years post-admission practicing experience with a law firm or in-house with a financial institution.
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments optimization solutions to price, pay and explain healthcare claims. Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions, payment integrity, electronic payments and claims communications for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical, dental and workers compensation markets nationwide. Zelis is backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
Zelis requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination upon hire.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”