Beauty Writer, Bustle | Bustle Digital Group | Worldwide |
Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover beauty. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing news stories as well as original reported beauty stories (both short turnaround and longer lead) — a mix of evergreen, service stories and trend pieces about topics in skin care, makeup, hair, nails, and body care. A passion for beauty and an innate ability to trendspot in the fields are crucial. Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include this interview with Drew Barrymore about her hair care routine; this spring nail trend roundup; and this service piece on how to safely close a piercing with minimal scarring.
The majority of stories will require the writer to find sources, conduct phone interviews, and cite peer-reviewed studies. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts (think makeup artists, estheticians, and hairstylists) is a plus.
Candidates must have availability to work 3 days per week during business hours, ET. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Senior Beauty Editor throughout their shift.
• * Write 6-8 500-word stories per week comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
• Stay up-to-date on the latest beauty trends, research, influential thought leaders to produce authoritative content
• Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
• * Applicants should have at least 2 years experience covering beauty topics at an online publication
• Ability to turn in clean, well-sourced, accurate copy in a timely fashion
• Comfort covering sensitive topics
• A sense for what makes a Bustle story
• Familiarity with SEO best practices
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Tagged as: remote, remote job, virtual, Virtual Job, virtual position, Work at Home, work from home
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs