Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for providing design support for the Chowbus HQ marketing department through a variety of channels, including but not limited to in-app, website, print, digital ads and other as assigned. You will work closely with design team in China to deliver high quality of design for different regions, as well as HQ requests. This role reports to the Marketing Planning Manager at the headquarters (Chicago Office).
What Youll Do
• Coordinate creative requests from different regions and HQ office, and work with design team in China to deliver the artwork design
• Proofread the artworks and make sure all copies & design are on brief. Quick edits when needed
• Work with different marketing channel owners to deliver all the artwork to multiple channels
• Under managers guidance, help develop Chowbus Brand Style Guide ensuring brand consistency for future design
• Prepare images and design to coincide with social media or blog posts
• Assist with video production (shooting, editing, etc) when needed (Not a must)
• Support marketing campaigns proactively including a wide range of marketing and communication needs
• Analyze market trends and competitor best practices in graphic design efforts to determine successful tactics
What Youll Need
• Bachelors degree or above
• Must be proficient in professional design programs including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, etc) and basic knowledge of video editing software (nice to have). Writing and proofing skills are also required.
• Preferred 1-2 years of marketing design experience including internship
• Deep understanding design rules and trends. Have a kin eye for aesthetic beauty and color combination
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently, but also a team player
• Effective project management skills to keep creative projects on track
• Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and be flexible enough to evolve in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends
• Language Skills: Oral and written fluency in Mandarin and English