United States of America
HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
• LEAD DESIGN QUALITY ENGAGEMENT. Serve as the primary Quality point of contact for assigned engineering projects. Develop project-specific Quality plans for new product developments. Assist with Engineering project planning activities, ensuring plans account for lessons learned. Collaborate with other Quality Subject Matter Experts to ensure appropriate technical engagement with projects. Represent Design Quality at customer events, customer audits, internal audits, and 3rd Party Certification audits.
• ASSESS ENGINEERING EFFECTIVENESS. Ensure engineering efforts are performed effectively and efficiently, meeting customer, company, and applicable regulatory requirements and quality expectations. Participate in planning, requirement and design reviews, test readiness reviews, and other project reviews and team meetings.
• MENTOR TEAMS. Mentor engineering teams as needed throughout the development lifecycle in the areas of process, tools, design quality, and regulatory requirements to drive a problem-free delivery.
• EVALUATE PROJECTS. Perform Quality assessments to determine the health of development projects using objective criteria. Analyze project data for trends and systemic issues and produce metric reports for management review. Employ methods such as root cause analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
• Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience OR
• In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
• Position requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
• Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
• A working knowledge and demonstrated experience applying a documented design and development process
• Knowledge of effective Design Quality principles
• Experience in establishing rapport across the organization, including leadership, engineering teams, shared service teams, and customers
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Experience in assisting engineering project planning activities to ensure plans account for program requirements and past lessons learned
• Use of objective measurements and audits to proactively determine the health of projects.
• Experience in communication to project teams and leadership of design quality trends and systemic issues, and of working with others to investigate, determine root cause, and recommend corrective actions to deliver high-quality designs
• Minimum of 3 years designing in the aerospace industry
• Quality experience in a prior role is preferred
• Project engineering / project management, including cost account management, is preferred
• Past experience in system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
• Past experience with development processes (e.g., SDLC)
• Past experience working in an agile development environment
• Past experience with Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodologies, including business process mapping, designing role-based flow charts, creating implementation plans, and documenting process improvements
• Past experience mentoring less-experienced engineers in the areas of design quality, process, and regulatory requirements is preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some Of Our Competitive Benefits Package Includes
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
• Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
• Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
• Autism Benefit
• Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
• Adoption Assistance
• Best Doctors, second opinion program
• And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms