United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Rockwell Collins is seeking a Senior Systems Safety Engineer to join the Commercial Systems Avionics Safety team in supporting the development of innovative aviation electronics solutions for the world’s leading commercial aircraft companies. If you are interested in a dynamic environment for personal and professional growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity.
Position may be located in Cedar Rapids, IA or remote option is available. Relocation assistance is available to those interested in relocation to Cedar Rapids.
• Perform civil safety assessment process in accordance with ARP4761, including but not limited to, Functional Hazard Assessments (FHAs), Preliminary System Safety Assessments (PSSAs), System Safety Assessments (SSAs), Fault Tree Analysis (FTAs), Common Mode Analyses (CMAs)
• Support systems, hardware, and software engineering teams in defining system safety requirements during development activity
• Review of design and development documentation for safety critical equipment
• Review analysis of peer safety engineers
• Mentor and train less experienced safety engineers
• Accountable to team members and organizational leadership for committed work and responsibilities
• Develop and maintain expertise in assigned areas (program, function, process, technology, etc)
• Collaborate with customers, stakeholders, and organizational leaders to develop plans
• Recognized technical expert in avionics safety
• Bachelor’s degree (Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) ) and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
• Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
• In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
• Working knowledge of ARP4761 and basic knowledge of ARP4754A
• Experience with CAFTA or similar Fault Tree analysis tools
• Knowledge of aircraft or electronic systems
• Basic knowledge in reliability engineering theory
• Effective oral/written communication skills (including technical writing)
• Knowledge on how to prepare and present technical information to peers, to all levels of internal management, and to external customers
• Knowledge on how to coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules
• Engaging in effective time management, working with a great deal of independence
• Working in AGILE SAFe team environment
• Knowledge of DO-254
• Knowledge of DO-178B
• Civil Certification
• Experience with JAMA requirements management software and Confluence tool.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
• Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
• Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
• Incentives for a Healthy You
• Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
• Autism Benefit
• Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
• Adoption Assistance
• Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
• And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status