The Graphic Design Manager is a visual storyteller on Corestream’s Marketing team who is motivated and energized by enhancing the lives of employees in big companies all around the US – obsessed with physical, personal and financial wellbeing, educating companies on how they can make their employees’ lives better, showing employees how different benefits can help them, content marketing, and all things conversion, at every touchpoint. The Designer’s creative work needs to carry the passion of HR Benefits Directors in engaging and protecting their workforces as well as being caring and understanding of the needs of employees at the workplace and beyond. This versatile teammate is also driven and unrelenting in the face of challenges that balancing big and small projects bring along with their respective deadlines.
This role will support Enrollment Marketing, Benefits Sales, Strategic Partnerships, Brand Partnerships, and Account Management; it will report to the Director of B2B and Content Marketing. The individual in this role will be equally dedicated to B2C and B2C design. With either audience, the responsibilities will include delivering the best conceptual visual expression to attract, engage and convert our targets: HR Benefits Directors and their employees. This effort includes partnering with leadership and agencies to develop storytelling executions and experiences that strengthen the brand’s connection with the target audience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Concept, design, lead, and manage the development of on-brand designs for Corestream’s traditional and digital assets including sales decks, collateral, thought leadership materials, social media, website graphics, mailers, company branding, newsletter templates, etc. (informed by our Brand Vision, Mission, Values, and Value Proposition). This includes meeting with partners to align on marketing/creative strategy, as well as collaborating with digital marketing and other cross-functional partners to drive audience-focused content strategy and execution.
• Gather, prepare, and present conceptual ideas by designing rough layout of art and copy arrangement, size, style, and related aesthetics. Concept and design assets from start to finish with limited assets.
• Articulately communicate your design intent and impact.
• Make complimentary recommendations if brand guidelines do not address certain assets needed
• Collaborate with leadership, third-party vendors and digital marketing team on social media presence - including content creation, graphic design, and copywriting
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Ability to interpret and influence creative briefs to create audience-focused positioning and creative communications strategies that drive defined objectives
• Demonstrated versatility as a designer who is constantly seeking new and innovative ways to design for consumer experience (graphics, photography, retail/digital)
• Understanding of design systems and digital templates, and the ability to seek out opportunities to evolve them
• Commitment to being an advocate for the brand and an expert on our products—translating that understanding into concepts and actionable sales content and audience experiences
• Working knowledge and continued effort to dial into design trends, best practices, art, benefits knowledge, and B2B best practices.
• Commitment to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
• Ability to think strategically, manage many tasks at once, and deliver high-quality output every time, on time.
• Pride on doing what you say you’re going to do and delivering what you promise. Willingness to go the extra mile to get the work done (timeliness, reliability and accountability).
• Belief in ability to see and create the future of Corestream Design
• Requires an excellent, diverse portfolio of work submitted with resume and salary history [Examples: Sales collateral, presentation, web graphics and implemented campaigns, online content/Ecommerce site references (URLs)]
• Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Presentation software (Power Point) power user
• Microsoft Office and Mac platform proficiency
• Rapid visualization skills: hand sketching, digital wireframes, and sketches
• Innovative aesthetic and taste level
• Ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, audience-obsessed, test-and-learn environment—incorporating learnings from A/B Testing into design
• Commitment to developing personal leadership skills
• Excellent verbal, written, communication, and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership, organization, and collaboration skills
• Access to high-speed internet, dedicated and distraction free work space and able to meet all requirements of this role while working remotely.
• Being positive and having a mindset of abundance.
• Available to respond to email/slack in a timely fashion and be present for scheduled calls, frequently video-ready.
• Being a guide towards making recommendations for updates to our brand’s design overall and reflecting those in our brand assets (based on experience)
• Building content-aware designs - aligning design with content to maximize marketing and branding efforts.
• Able to work autonomously and collaboratively.
• Ability to immediately learn different software tools utilized at Corestream such as Slack, G-Suite, Dropbox, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, future marketing workflow and DAM tools, etc.
• Ability to create and edit email HTML documents for compatibility is a plus
• Knowledge of video editing software is an advantage
• Working remote and holding yourself accountable to be efficient with little supervision.
• Maintaining presence digitally and developing relationships as if they were in person.
• Being a BIG part of the initial team and the ability to bring ideas that will be valued and implemented.
• Supporting the vision and work of a company whose mission is to elevate other businesses and enhance their employees’ lives.
• Working for a company where you are valued as a person, and your life quality matters.
• A company that practices its core values and align with yours.
Education and Experience Requirements
· 4+ years working experience in graphic design, marketing, art direction, or a related field
· Bachelors degree in business, marketing, art, or related field
· Proficient user of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as Microsoft Office including (Word, PowerPoint, Excel