Corning is one of the worlds leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance peoples lives. Corning Valor™ Glass is an example of a life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will develop, build and manage the customer service organization and processes for CPT.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Develop Order Management process to deliver superior customer care, ensure compliance to policy and regulations
• Develop internal processes to meet commercial, operations and finance stakeholder needs, to include effective, regular communication with other functions and the business teams.
• Through collaboration with the sales team, establish a customer service organization that creates value for Corning and our customers
• Build a global customer service team by effectively recruiting, integrating and training new hires
• Lead and manage the customer service team, providing leadership and motivation to the team, as well as coaching and mentoring
• Assign responsibility within the team, for tasks and decisions, ensuring proper backup coverage is in place for critical skill sets, including SOP documentation.
• Provide consistent leadership and serve as a role model for the customer service department through demonstrated exemplary behavior in the management of both task and people skills.
• Apply process excellence to customer service function to implement an order management system (Peoplesoft), develop required business reporting and improve business process metrics
• Define customer service team objectives, to include establishment of priorities, targets, metrics and accountabilities with communication to be shared with key cross functional stakeholders.
• Manage escalations and problem resolution within the customer service department to ensure customer needs are continually met and key stakeholders are informed.
• Establish and manage key customer relationships to ensure service and performance excellence.
• Establish and maintain the service metrics for department performance and establish goals for continuous improvement. Publish and communicate the metrics with the department and regularly share with key stakeholders.
• Represent Customer Service on key cross functional teams.
• Become the subject matter expert for customer service for the business including knowledge on industry trends and best practices.
• *This role can possibly reside in Corning, NY; Keller, TX or Hickory, NC. We are open to consider a remote working arrangement based on the individual. **
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs
If this job has expired, is not a working from home job or there is another problem please click on the icon to report it to our team.