Customer Service Representative
Navy Federal Credit Union
At Navy Federal Credit Union, we count on our customer service department to interact professionally with our valued customers when they have questions or concerns. We’re looking for a highly skilled customer service representative to join our team, managing inbound and outbound phone calls, email requests, and face to face interaction with a friendly, helpful approach. The ideal candidate is a quick learner who can think on their feet and resolve any issues that come up with our customer-first business mentality. He or she is also experienced with sales, as the opportunity to promote company products and services may arise. The most successful representatives have the communication and interpersonal skills needed to provide support, answer questions, and resolve issues in an efficient manner. Serving as the voice and face of our company, he or she will be integral to reinforcing our reputation for exceptional customer service.
Objectives of this Role:
• Manage a large volume of inbound and outbound calls, emails, and chats with knowledge and efficiency
• Identify and address customer needs with a goal of complete satisfaction
• Provide expert answers to questions about products, pricing, and availability, while presenting the value of our portfolio of products to customers
• Meet customer service department sales targets, generating sales leads when opportunities arise
• Follow company communications guidelines and procedures under minimal supervision
• Recommend improvements to processes for improved company efficiency.
Daily and Weekly Responsibilities
• Build expert and dynamic knowledge of company products and services.
• Research information using available resources to satisfy customer inquiries.
• Build rapport with customers by engaging with them in an inviting, friendly, and professional manner, to deliver exceptional experiences nurture lasting relationships.
• Respond quickly, professionally, and accurately to all customer inquiries regarding quotes, orders, status requests, complaints, product returns, and warranties.
• Meet daily personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets by recommending and explaining benefits of additional company services, and seizing opportunities to sell products and services whenever possible.
• Maintain daily recordings, and log and document issues and resolutions in an electronic database for sales and executive management teams to review.
Skills and Qualifications
High school degree
Successful experience in a corporate environment
Strong communication skills, including active listening and clear articulation
Ability to solve problems and alleviate conflicts or escalate tactfully
Ability to multitask, manage time, and prioritize
Able to work individually and as a team
• 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 6%
• Medical, dental & vision, including free preventative care
• Wellness & mental health programs
• Health care flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, & life insurance
• Paid time off
• Paid & unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short & long-term disability
• Parental & family leave; military leave & pay
• Diverse, inclusive & welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
• Career development & tuition assistance
Skills: kuster relation management (CMR), sales management, marketing, cash handling, operations