• Responsible for coordinating testing services for patients by:
• Reviewing test request forms and additional documentation submitted with a patient specimen to ensure accurate and timely testing.
• Working with healthcare providers to complete the required documentation and sample submission.
• Working with insurance companies to secure the highest possible coverage for patients.
• Communicating with patients to explain insurance coverage benefits and test information including process and turnaround time.
• Employee will be on the phone approximately 60-80% of the time.
• Participate in the Quality Assurance plan.
• Comply with applicable CLIA and HIPAA regulations.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Bachelor’s degree and more than one year of customer service and reimbursement experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Accurate typing skills of at least 65 words per minute
• Excellent listening transcribing, and self-review skills PC experience, including familiarity with Excel, Word, Internet, and e-mail
• Able to manage several tasks simultaneously, often under pressure.
Physical And Mental Job Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Companys website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
Myriad Neuroscience, a business unit of Myriad Genetics, specializes in pharmacogenomic testing. The GeneSight® Psychotropic test, developed in the Myriad Neuroscience clinical laboratory, analyzes clinically important genetic variations that may impact how a patient metabolizes and responds to certain psychiatric medications. The results of the test provides clinicians with information about which medications may require dose adjustments, may be less likely to work, or may have an increased risk of side effects based on patient’s genetic makeup