Customer Service Representative
UnitedHealth Group is hiring entry-level Customer Service Representatives- nearly 30,000 by the end of the year. UHG is also hiring for other customer service related positions along with a variety of other roles across clinical, healthcare delivery, and medical operations.
Your career in healthcare begins here as a Customer Service Representative. Start doing your life’s best work and receive:
- Competitive base salary + performance based bonus
- UHG paid training
- Medical/dental/vision insurance + voluntary insurance benefits
- Financial Fitness: 401K Employer Match + Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Talent Development Resources, including up to $5,200 in tuition reimbursement
- Growth within the company- endless opportunities
- Wellness Program- Health and Mental
- And so much more. This is just the start of doing your life’s best work. Check out our career site to learn more about our benefits
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of their health plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8 am – 8 pm ET
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-bystep instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and Personalities
We Reward Your Special Skills
Bi-lingual? Already have experience in healthcare? Maybe there’s a certain specialty your interested in? We reward your experience, and strive to match you with the best fit so you can do your life’s best work.
REGARDLESS OF YOUR EXPERIENCE OR PREFERENCES, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO FILL OUT THE FORM TO THE RIGHT AND APPLY.
That way, we have your information so a recruiter can reach out to you and together, you can discuss your career goals, special talents, previous experience, and future career goals to find the best role for you at UnitedHealth Group. Applying DOES NOT limit you to the Customer Service Representative Role and helps us connect you to your next career.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.