Job Category Products and Technology Job Details DevOps/ Systems Engineer (US Citizen)
Location: Herndon, VA, Bellevue, WA, San Francisco, CA, Burlington Massachusetts, Atlanta, Georgia and Raleigh, North Carolina
We are looking for a Security-Oriented Devops Engineer to join a team of highly motivated software, systems, & security engineers working on Infrastructure security at scale. Be part of the team that solves infrastructure deployment issues with software, delivers high velocity and high quality infrastructure in public cloud substrates.
In This Role
• You will distill environmental constraints into the design of practical guardrails that enable service owners to receive rapid, self service feedback about the efficacy and security of their service.
• You are strong in solving Infrastructure related problems with code and youve mastered building compute capacity in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for leading key projects in design, development, and post-release support of the tools that are used by a variety of internal teams at salesforce.com .
• You will lead a team of Engineers in the transforming of human processes into automated governance solutions.
• Evangelize the maturing governance of CI/CD pipelines with partner teams and digest feedback for further efficiency iteration with the goal of maintaining service owner feature velocity.
• You will mentor Junior Engineers by providing feedback on technical contributions & seeking opportunities to stretch their contributions.
• Highly skilled as a lead contributor/adopter deploying enterprise-scale Infrastructure with Terraform IAC
• Highly skilled developing for distributed applications deployed on Linux
• Experience developing for Highly Sensitive Customer Data & Environments (e.g. aws-gov)
• 7+ years experience building services/microservices with Jenkins
• 7+ years working experience scripting/programming language (Py, Ruby, JS, Go)
• 7+ years experience building on AWS
• 2+ years deploying distributed apps with containers (Docker) & orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS, GKS)
Nice To Haves
• Experience developing security & compliance as code (examples: OPA, Checkov, Twistlock, Prisma, Casbin)
• Experience in any of the monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite, Datadog, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Zabbix
• Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols and components as implemented in IAAS (i.e. transit gateway, security groups, etc.)
• You’ll be joining one of the best companies to work for!
• We strive to make the world a better place.
• We build delightful products that makes our customers happy.
• We empower people to bring the best out of them.
• We believe in trust, customer success, innovation, giving back, equality for all, wellness, transparency and fun.
“**U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized).
U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and worlds #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for family) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position. Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records