/>Note: This role is open for remote candidates based in US.
/>Do you live and breathe organic search engine performance? Do you love ideating & experimenting to understand how to improve paid and organic search engine traffic? Are you curious and excited about challenges and problems you've never seen before? Do you know the difference between iteration and revision? Come join the FindLaw Product Performance Team! Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, unique perspectives, innovative iterations, and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged.
/>Thomson Reuters is hiring a Digital Marketing Expert looking to advance their knowledge, experience and skills in search marketing to join the FindLaw Product Performance Team. In the Digital Marketing Expert, Search role you will be responsible for developing a comprehensive and holistic understanding of an assigned digital web property and their accompanying legal professional directory in support of Product OKRs. This will require collaboration with Product, Product Development, Technology, and SME's to move your ideas from ideation to implementation.
/>About the Role
/>As a Digital Marketing Expert, Search, you will develop a comprehensive performance strategy, maintain a performance roadmap, and help inform key business objectives (OKRs) for your assigned web property. You will leverage the knowledge of search engine optimization, as well as core digital marketing disciplines of paid media, earned media, link building, consumer content, consumer journey and analytics to inform and prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for your assigned web property while collaborating with business stakeholders across the organization.
/>You will be the 'voice of the consumer' to key stakeholders; optimizing for search engines by optimizing for consumers. You will encourage the open exchange of information, viewpoints, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance. The Performance team is here to understand how our digital web properties are performing, as well as have a perspective on what iterations will 'move the needle' in terms of producing consumer engagement through all digital marketing channels.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in SEO by monitoring and maintaining leading-edge expertise on SEO industry trends.
- Maintain accountability for the development and organic search health of the web property, drive the strategy and roadmap for your web property with a focus on using consumer analytics and iterative experiments to inform and drive prioritization
- Leverage analytics and user experience research to drive continuous improvement for day-to-day tasks as well as deliver new consumer features
- Partner with Product Development to maintain and refine a backlog: create user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with performance strategy
- Internal/External SEO Audits
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the consumer and stakeholder needs to meet key business objectives and strategies for the web property
- Possess a fundamental understanding of core SEO disciplines
- Be adaptable - Test, Analyze, Learn, Iterate
- Encourage the open exchange of information and viewpoints
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- Obsessively improve experiences for legal consumers
- 5+ years of direct digital marketing experience; preferably in the legal marketing industry.
- Expert-level analytical experience and expertise with web analytics and technical SEO software (e.g. screaming frog, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and Google Search Console)
- Proven experience in the fields of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Paid Search (PPC + Social), and Conversion/AB testing.
- Proven ability to take initiative within a matrix organization to build strong, productive relationships based on excellent communication and A+ interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while evolving digital strategy based on both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Able to apply knowledge of how a product is designed, built, deployed, and maintained in an enterprise environment
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Ability to articulate clear and concise specifications for new features. Understands at a high level the landscape of tools and technologies that developers use to bring products and features to market
- Ability to prioritize new feature launches based on competitive analysis, industry trends, emerging technologies, and company vision.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional team(s) without formal authority. Familiarity with financial concepts and financial/budget management
- Working knowledge of paid search advertising channels/platforms, including Google Ads and Bing Ads.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends across multiple categories
- Proven ability to quickly understand, adapt, and apply new technology to apply it to multiple categories as appropriate
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to execute category strategy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence internal and external audiences
- Strong project management, analytical, and prioritization skills
/>You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- COVID-19 Response: Currently working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines with the majority of our offices being remote until July 2021. Upon return, we will be embracing a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
/>Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
/>We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
/>As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
/>We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
/>Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
/>More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.
/>Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America