H Code is a purpose-driven company founded in 2015. Our mission is to shape the future of media where everyone is authentically represented
As a minority-led organization, diversity is in our DNA. H Code Media’s employee base is 85% multicultural, 75% Multicultural/LGBTQ+, 70% Hispanic/Latinx, and 50% female across its U.S. and Latin America offices. Our team of marketers, sellers, researchers, and storytellers represent the audiences we reach, allowing brands to make authentic consumer connections through powerful content, unparalleled sponsorship opportunities, and nuanced insights.
Named one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., H Code Media strategically brings together intelligence, targetable data, exclusive media inventory, and authentic content to influence diverse consumers every day through digital media and integrated campaigns. Our robust suite of advertising products delivers the most impactful, data-driven strategies for brands, agencies, publishers, and creators to reach effectively and influence Hispanic, Black, Asian, and LGBTQ+ audiences online with unmatched authenticity.
About the role:
H Code is looking for an experienced and well-rounded Director of Product Marketing, B2B Marketing.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you (and your team) will work with H Codes cultural- and affinity-focused vertical leads, brand, sales, research, PR, and publisher development partners to support the development of sales enablement tools, product positioning, and selling of tech-powered advertising solutions, content-centric and insights-driven products.
This important role involves a combination of thought leadership, team management, strategic thinking, execution excellence, and B2B marketing. You will bring digital product marketing expertise, brand strategy, excellent project management skills, and experience working cross-functionally within the product marketing team to create new product ideas and go-to-market strategies. You will also ensure that your product marketers can do all of the above while achieving your team’s goals.
The role can be based in Los Angeles (Santa Monica) or New York City. Due to the pandemic, we will work from home for the rest of 2021.
Team Leadership. Manage a growing and diverse team of product marketers, assessing skills, strengths, and weaknesses and growing the teams capabilities through coaching, training, and timely feedback. Effectively communicate challenges, obstacles and create actionable improvements. Lead with H Codes mission and vision while managing, developing new products, and removing barriers in the way of achieving your teams objectives -- i.e., Management by Objectives (MBOs).
Product Marketing. Lead the go-to-market strategy for new and existing products and features, and establish and measure success criteria. Manage product marketing calendar for seasonal and tentpole campaigns to increase demand for our advertising, content, and insights-based products. Partner with the research team and sales to infuse and inform the product development process with a perspective that reflects our brands and customer needs. Know the competitive landscape and become an expert in your product areas.
Positioning and Brand Strategy. Consistently apply our communications strategy, umbrella, and individual brand requirements and identity in the products your team builds. Leverage product feedback, and insights from research and apply them to product strategy and winning messaging. Develop an insights-driven channel strategy to inform product launches and measure conversion and lead generation.
Collaboration. Partner with colleagues in brand marketing, operations, design, sales, client solutions, PR, research and insights, and publisher development to launch and optimize product messaging and offerings. Foster relationships across the organization and instill trust with these partners to ensure all projects are planned and launched flawlessly.
• 5 to 8 years of strong digital advertising product marketing, ad solutions, or product management experience including at least 5 years of insights-driven product development
• Experience driving successful go-to-market strategies for product and feature launches, and aligning product marketing and messaging to a larger brand narrative
• Translate insights from research and apply them to product marketing messaging and positioning
• Lead internal and external communications of product launches, quarterly planning meetings along with VP of Marketing
• Deep understanding of the product development and marketing lifecycle
• Experience working with tech partners and data
• Strong understanding of consumer journey, product lifecycle, and personas development
• Ability to balance creative, conceptual thinking with a data-driven mindset; identify and assess success metrics
• Excellent B2B writing and deck-building skills, translating abstract concepts into compelling product storytelling
• Collaboration with different disciplines; build trust with internal and external relationships
• A self-starter individual who can operate both autonomously and collaboratively
• Excellent prioritization, organization, and communication skills
• A seasoned people, program, and project manager
• A positive spirit, inclusive mentality, diplomatic approach, and growth mindset
• Comfort with leading amongst changes of a growing organization
• Be a leader and embrace our team’s core values: Culture First, Play Like a Team, Pave The Way, Care and Think Big