We’re looking for a Director of SEO to lead all aspects of SEO (on-page, off-page, technical) across the portfolio to ensure all properties are set up for success in organic search results. You’ll work closely with the VP of Performance to develop strategic roadmaps for developer handoff.
• Help audit M&A targets
• Create post-mortems on Google algo updates
• Monitor traffic spikes/dips across all brands
• Monitor key syndication feeds: apple news, flipboard, MSN
• Lead key technical projects and develop strategic roadmap for developer handoff (AMP installation, site hierarchy and taxonomy overhaul, crawl budget optimization, etc.)
• Lead team of 3-5 SEO Managers to create post-mortems on Google algo updates, monitor traffic spikes/dips across all brands, and optimize content archives
• Monitor and maintain technical SEO across all brands (archive pages, site speed, structured data, etc.)
• Deep understanding of SEO methodologies
• 6+ years of experience managing SEOs, working alongside PMs and/or developers, and leading key technical projects (structured data, 301/404 cleanups, site speed, etc.)
• Proficiency in Google Analytics, Search Console, and Lighthouse, and popular SEO tools like Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, and DeepCrawl.
• Familiarity with CMS systems of all kinds
• Youre passionate about SEO and get a rush from page one rankings.
• Youre a team player and have a healthy obsession with winning.
• You expect more from yourself than others expect of you.
• Youre extremely organized and pride yourself on working efficiently.
• Youre a masterful communicator—both written and verbal—and have the ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
The Benefits & Perks:
• Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
• Unlimited PTO
• Remote - work from anywhere!
• Offices in Miami, San Francisco, New York, San Diego
• Parental leave
• Matching 401k
• Equity package
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement
Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or affiliation protected by federal, state or local laws. With a number of our media brands reporting on the military, veterans’ affairs, and topics facing the active military community, we are very supportive of veterans’ activities and highly encourage this community to apply