The Director of Sales will be responsible for growing Boingo’s portfolio of products (DAS, WiFi, Network Offload, Private Networks). Boingo is the leading indoor wireless solution provider focused on acquiring and retaining big venues with large audiences through multi-year contracts. The Director of Business Development’s primary objective is the expansion of Boingo’s footprint by securing contracts ranging in value from $1M to $30M+ in the South Central region.
The indoor wireless business has experienced significant growth as more and more mobile data is consumed inside airports, stadiums, arenas, office buildings, and hospitals. Boingo is experiencing strong demand for our services, but the market is dynamic and incredibly competitive; adaptability, agility, and speed to market are essential. This is a remote position.
The Director Of Sales Primary Responsibilities Will Be To
(i) organize, prospect, qualify and manage a pipeline of > 30 new opportunities in which to deploy wireless networks providing service across multiple technologies (DAS, Wi-Fi and Private Networks) within the first 180 days;
(ii) negotiate, structure, and sign revenue generating agreements with 6 of those prospects in the first 12 months; and
(iii) network and expand existing relationships within assigned territory.
• Execute against marketing and sales strategy to deploy wireless infrastructure. Determine business, financial and strategic viability of those opportunities within the first 90 days.
• Implement sales forecasting and pipeline management within the first 120 days.
• Identify, contact and qualify prospects through research, calling, email, and face to face meetings. Complete at least ten face to face meetings within the first 180 days.
• Complete at least $3.0M in new business quarterly starting in the third quarter of employment.
• 3 to 5+ years of experience in complex, solution selling environment, with proven record in signing large deals
• Proven track record of closing large deals (<$1M) and regularly meeting or exceeding quota
• Ability to negotiate and execute contracts by leveraging cross-functional resources
• Proficient working knowledge of solution selling in an enterprise environment
• Capacity to adapt to Boingo’s fast-paced and dynamic culture
• Proven track record of communications and people skills
• Possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and self-management driven by results
• Ability to think quickly and analytically (critical thinker)
• Willingness to travel 50% of the time a must
Successful applicant must comply with the federal contractor Covid-19 Workplace Safety mandate requirements.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. There is no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy. There’s also an incredible benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love