Job Title: Sales Training Learning Strategist, Level 2
Department: Consulting - CommX
Reports To: Head of Training
Fishawack Health meets challenges by creating customized training programs that meet the specific learning objectives of our client’s training teams, provide clients with a single point of contact enabling us to be nimble and responsive, and by putting a team of experts in place who understand the rapidly changing needs of adult learners.
As a Learning Strategist Level 2, the crux of the role lies in supporting and collaborating with the Sr. Learning Strategist, to deliver a holistic solution for learning and content delivery which is not just feasible, but also innovative and aligns with the brand strategic imperatives and current market trends.
• Use adult learning principles to design and write innovative, learner centered training solutions that meet the needs of the client
• Create comprehensive design documents
• Design & develop training solutions and instructional materials using a variety of delivery methods which reflect an understanding of adult learning and instructional design
• Analyze post-training results to create continuous learning/training designs
• Maintain proactive communication with clients and the internal FWH team for the length of the project
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Experience designing training across multiple virtual platforms (preferred but not required)
• Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team structure with little direct guidance
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
(The behaviours, skills and practices required to accomplish the objectives of this position and in the daily conduct of business.)
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together and demonstrate a clear ability to guide other team members; confident communicator.
• Motivating others and team building
Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; is someone people like working for and with; blends people into teams when needed; fosters open dialogue, defines success in terms of the whole team
Understands key financial concepts, terms and data; understands the connection between operations and financial performance and how KPIs are interlinked; recognizes personal role in the financial performance of the organization; proactively manages to get the best result for Fishawack and for client.
• Organization skills
Can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful, intuitive manner
• Problem Solving / Time Management
Uses time effectively and efficiently, solving difficult problems with effective solutions; concentrates efforts on more important priorities; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers; attends to a broad range of activities; gets more done in less time than others; Comfortable working under pressure within tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude; seeks out additional opportunities to expand experience and cultivate expertise
• Conflict Management
Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL FISHAWACK POSITIONS
• Client Focus
Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
• Functional/Technical Skills
Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment.
• Ethics / Values / Integrity / Trust
Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
• Other agencies
• Third-party suppliers
• * Strategy Team
• Account Team
• Fishawack Health Network Resources
• Consulting Team
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and experience required.)
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Education, Instructional Design or Adult Learning
One or more of the following are preferred but not required:
• * Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design or Adult Learning
• Minimum 3 years designing and writing learning solutions in an agency setting
• At least 2-3 years of experience working with Pharmaceutical and Biotech Sales Training clients
• Expertise and understanding of adult learning and effective learning/training strategies
• Ability to develop and write comprehensive design documents and training materials
• Strong client-facing skills with the ability to listen intently and ask in-depth questions to determine client needs
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to:
• Demonstrate a high-level attention to detail
• Adapt and perform when under pressure with demanding timelines
• Work effectively in a team environment and independently
• Travel to client meetings (periodically)