Spend your summer at Mr. Cooper and gain a career where you can make a difference!
Our summer internship program begins in June 2022 and ends August 2022.
Mr. Cooper Group prioritizes the health and safety of our associates. In light of COVID-19, we are complying with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. The vast majority of Mr. Cooper Group roles, including this role, have temporarily moved to work at home. When Mr. Cooper Group returns to normal operations, this role may return to the assigned onsite work location or operate on a hybrid model (remote and on-site) dependent on the team.
The Intern will work and learn best practices used for developing software including CI/CD and agile methodologies, learn and understand product development from discovery to deployment, and have the opportunity to work on the latest tech stack.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Pair with team members on designing and developing solutions in the mortgage space specifically in refinance and purchase for various applications
• Design and build complex algorithms to present a product recommendation to our customers
• Participates in planning and scheduling tasks and is responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
• Follow Test Driven Development practices
• Participate in various team ceremonies such as tech alliance, development huddle, Iteration Planning Meetings, Product Retros, Tech Retros
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university or have graduated within one year of start
• Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree
• Must have basic programming knowledge
• Basic knowledge of object-oriented programming systems (OOPS)
• Stays up to date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
• Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (Currently, our organization is unable to support candidates that are on OPT, CPT or candidates that will need sponsorship, now or in the future)
• Experience with ReactJs, Node.js
• Knowledge of Java or Ruby programming languages