You are equal parts creative designer, mad scientist developer, and interactive visionary – bringing static compositions to live with intuitive and engaging UI/UX. You not only maintain an elevated graphic design standard but enhance the project vision. Naturally curious and compelled to figure out any design problem thrown at you, you work shoulder to shoulder with Graphic Designers, Leads, Project Manager, and Creative Services Director to ensure we deliver a premium service for our clients.
You are described as bright and intelligent. You deal with concepts and complexity comfortably. You are recognized as being highly organized and possess a strong sense of speed to execution. You use your time effectively and efficiently and concentrate your efforts on the more important priorities. You pick up on technical things efficiently, can learn new technologies, products or technical skills fairly quickly. You come up with a lot of new and unique ideas. You are seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 2+ years as a Graphic Designer coupled with 3+ years in Software Engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not essential in Graphic Design, Computer Studies or associated subject.
• 3 years’ experience with HTML5/CSS and using (vanilla) JS to manipulate the DOM
• 1+ years’ experience using NodeJS
• Experience with Git and Webpack (or other build tools)
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: able to work with layered web comps for exporting, cropping, resizing or performing adjustments on images both vector and raster.
• Proficiency with prototyping tools like Adobe XD or Sketch
• Experience of agile working in a fluid, customer-focused environment
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them (browser stack)
• Competent understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that all code employs current best practices,
• Ability to transform designs to pixel-perfect web pages
• Strong graphic design aesthetic to help contribute to the overall project director
• Advertising or Marketing agency experience is a significant bonus but not essential.
• Experience of leading a highly collaborative team, assigning tasks and be able to pivot and adapt schedules and workstreams to meet each client’s specific needs.
• Ability to oversee the management of multiple tasks or projects simultaneously within flexible timescales and tracking progress through to completion.
• Ability to work independently and communicate changes and recommendations
• Strong and effective communicator (written, spoken and visual)
• Proficient user of standard office software (MS Office etc.)
• Proven track history of driving your own professional and personal development
• Creating website designs specific to the needs of client
• Producing sample sites
• Supporting Account Management teams and meeting with clients if necessary, to discuss requirements and project progress
• Executing on feedback in relation to draft sites
• Keeping up to date with current technology and software developments
• Designing products that are aesthetically pleasing, highly functional, on time, and on budget
• Digital retouching and image editing
• Working cohesively across the multi-discipline Creative team
• Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally within Channel Bakers and Absurd Media Group with other key stakeholders including People & Culture, Engineering, and Advertising.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
Essential Job Functions:
• This job operates in an office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment.
• The Employee is required to stand, walk, bend, uses hand to handle or feel objects, or tools, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
• Frequently standing/sitting/walking up to 8 hours per day
• Frequently using hands/arms up to 8 hours per day
• Occasionally lifting between 5 – 50 lbs.
• Occasionally climbing/crouching/crawling
• Occasional exposure to fumes
• Moderate noise level
• Frequently viewing a computer monitor screen up to 8 hours per day
• Office Location: Anaheim Hills
• Reports To: Creative Director
• Travel: Occasional travel may be required approximately 5% of the time.
• Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with flexible working potential
Working at Channel Bakers
Working at Channel Bakers is a job like no other.
Our beautiful USHQ is situated in Anaheim Hills overlooking the spectacular views of Chino Hills State Park. We take pride in our inspirational office decor and offer a fun and engaging environment to help our employees bring their best selves to work every single day. Our kitchen is stocked with snacks and refreshments to keep us hydrated and energized all day long and we regularly take time to connect and have fun together as a team. We get to work alongside some incredibly talented co-workers and partner with some of the world’s most prolific and inspirational Brands. We are a truly global organization with offices located in Seattle, the Philippines and the UK and proud to have a very diverse team of Bakers not only from the US but also Germany, France, Brazil, Scotland and Mongolia to name a few!
Our core tenet is that we exist to help people, and this is at the heart of all that we do.
We enjoy the challenge of new and unfamiliar tasks; change is our normal and we can shift gears comfortably. We love to exceed our goals, both work and personal and most importantly we are dedicated to exceeding the expectations or our clients. We value self-development, it helps us help others, better.
• Highly competitive Medical, Dental, Vision benefits.
• Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Discounted Pet Insurance and other insurances at group rates available
• Fully vested 401K with up to 4% employer match
• Flexible Working
• Paid Time Off (vacation, public holidays, birthday, sick, bereavement etc.)
• Paid volunteer time
• Regular team social events
• Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages at our HQ
• Financial Advisor Access
• Employee Assistance Program
• We are an E-Verify Employer