The Legal and Compliance Teams are located in the Las Vegas office.
The AGC will be responsible for advising the global business primarily regarding drafting and negotiating (i) commercial agreements for building and deploying the technical infrastructure required for GAN’s customers to operate internet sports betting and internet casino gaming, principally in the United States, on a SaaS basis; (ii) patent license agreements, (iii) vendor agreements, (iv) consultant agreements, and (v) 3rd party supplier agreements.
In addition to the sales team, the AGC will be responsible for delivering operational excellence to GAN’s customers, liaising with GAN’s and GAN’s customer’s compliance, development, finance, design, marketing, and customer success teams.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic self-starter with strong drafting and analytical skills, excellent communication skills and high ethical standards. He or she must be highly collaborative and work well with others. This position reports into the Chief Legal Officer & Corporate Secretary.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements, employment and consulting agreements, engagement letters, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent and term sheets, stock and asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, joint venture agreements, and other documents as requested.
• Manage and coordinate due diligence processes.
• Assist in the preparation and review SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements, and Section 16 filings.
• Advise on investor relations matters, including review of earnings announcements, earnings scripts, press releases, investor presentations, investor communications, internal communications, and other materials.
• Advise on governance issues relating to all foreign and domestic subsidiaries and draft intercompany agreements as needed.
• Stay current on and keep team apprised of governance trends and SEC and exchange updates.
• Manage outside counsel as needed.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• J.D. with strong academic credentials
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including training as a general corporate, M&A, financing, securities or capital markets attorney. Foundational law firm training is required, as is experience in an in-house legal department (preferably in a highly regulated industry), with a strong preference for the gaming or technology industry, and in roles of increasing responsibility and visibility within that organization.
• Exceptional negotiating, drafting, and analytical skills; strong attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal relations skills; able to instill confidence in business partners across the organization by providing clear and concise guidance and counsel.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously, and work efficiently and simultaneously on multiple matters in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in working with international entities/businesses a plus, but not required
• The successful candidate must be an approachable business-minded lawyer with demonstrated relationship-building and effective communication skills to successfully work across departments with all levels of the organization and an analytical and detail-oriented mindset that can both issue spot, analyze and present creative solutions, as well as advise of risk.
• High ethical standards and unquestionable judgment.
• Admitted, active and in good standing in a state bar, preferably CA, NV, DE, PA, NJ or NY
This role requires travel up to 1x per 6 weeks to the Irvine, CA or Wynnewood, FL offices, and as otherwise directed, which would be typically 3 days per trip. From time to time travel outside the US may be required