Boston, MA, USA Connecticut, USA Maryland, USA McLean, VA, USA Memphis, TN, USA New Jersey, USA New York, NY, USA North Carolina, USA Pennsylvania, USA Rochester, NY, USA South Carolina, USA Virtual Req #17705
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Growth Marketing Specialist - App Optimization (Remote)
The goal of the specialist is growing mobile app subscribers through the execution of scalable campaigns, optimizations, testing for in-app messaging for our 100+ local property apps and our USA Today national apps. The specialist supports the mobile app marketing manager in developing and executing a full-funnel app growth strategy.
Essential duties and scope
• In collaboration with native product and QA teams, own in-app campaign management to ensure smooth campaign and messaging updates
• Work with regional team to implement scalable in-app marketing campaigns
• Work with brand and creative teams to develop assets and messaging that are on-brand and apply best practices
• As the app expert, collaborate with performance marketing and retention teams on initiatives that support a full-funnel strategy
• Working with product team, continuously optimize ASO, store presentation to drive organic growth and improve paid media
• Monitor app performance daily and adjust campaigns as needed
• Working with data insights team, ensure tracking, reporting, evaluating, and communicating campaign learnings is shared with all internal partners
• Be the app champion with all internal partners pitching ideas and innovation to improve, enhance the product and consumer experience
• Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
• 3+ years working experience in digital marketing or growth field, mobile marketing preferred
• Efficient in MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience with Google Analytics, Data Studio a plus
• Ability to interpret data to inform actionable insights that drive app campaign messaging strategies
• Up-to-date knowledge of Google Play and App Store guidelines and app trends
Soft skills needed to do the job…
• Experience working in a fast-paced matrix environment with the ability to build effective cross-functional working relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
• A customer-first mind-set
Bonus points if you have…
• Creative and writing skills
• Previous experience with news and/or magazine media products
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
• Job Family
• Job Function
• Pay Type