All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Apply knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, instructional design theory, learning tools, industry resources and measurement and evaluation methods
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including subject matter experts (SME) to assess training needs and learning objectives to recommend solutions
• Work with technical SMEs to ensure the quality of training course material, instructor guides, student workbooks, etc. for in-person and distance training
• Conduct training needs analysis and provide input on training requirements and/or performance improvement solutions
• Collaborate with internal learning centers to plan and schedule training classes
• Manage technical training operations including enrollment, communications, etc.
• Support the Immigrations Team to meet the requirements for student travel to training locations
• Support LMS reporting and tasks
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group/Function)
• Experience leading a global learning function or team in a matrixed organization
• Strong leader able to work collaboratively and cross-organizationally with domestic and international stakeholders
• Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• English proficiency required
• Proven performance and experience within the commercial power industry
• Experience in coordinating/implementing project plans
• Experience managing technical training programs
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No