Theres never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision wont happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This is a remote position. The selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
Why Work For Connected Customer And Mobility Solutions
We do cool stuff. We are passionate about building high quality systems that solve complex problems on a massive scale. We develop in an Agile/SAFe environment. Our team is inclusive, made up of bright software engineers who enjoy working together to develop innovative software solutions in an environment where individual differences and unique perspectives are embraced. Our business is fast paced and ever changing to get new features and capabilities to market, while conforming to global regulations. Applications are developed on back-office microservices, mobile, web, and in-vehicle customer platforms. We leverage GMs private Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Big Data backend services, allowing opportunities to work in numerous technologies on applications achieving continuous availability. We are leveraging technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles worldwide. We have call centers located in multiple countries around the world, backed by two world class data centers. Our technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, driver customization opportunities, advanced active safety systems, super cruise and autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry which enables the capture of massive amount of vehicle data to our Big Data platform. Our connected vehicles send thousands of data elements requiring an architecture that can support over 1 million vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. Our innovation teams are driving game changing features to the consumer and the automotive industry. We dont expect candidates to understand all of these technologies. Individual teams focus on a smaller set of technologies. Our organization uses a lot of technologies, affording employees the opportunities to learn new skills and technologies.
What You Do
• Participate in developing and implementing ML/DL solutions in real-world environments
• Ability to digest, design and deploy solutions based on research artifacts
• Minimize the technical, operational, and economic barriers relative to adoption of sophisticated AI solutions
• Support Data Visualizationimprovements
• Designing solutions at scale (minimize operational overhead)
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
• Identify and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Actively incubate new technologies and tools for big data initiatives
• Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high coverage
• Work closely with other data and analytics team members to optimize the companys data systems and pipeline architecture
• Track emerging technologies in the industry, and provide technology recommendations, risk assessments, trade studies, and analyses
What You Need
• 2+ Years of experience programming in Python
• Very strong background in Machine Learning/Deep Learning
• Proven experience in Cloud Technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Docker platforms.
• Minimum of 2 years developing & optimizing AI/ML models, in recommendation engine, natural language processing, computer vision and deep & classical machine learning, and information retrieval and extraction
• Minimum of 2 years in working with data science tools, e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, pandas, numpy and experience in developing on cloud platforms (preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• Knowledge inApache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop
• Experience with Machine Learning Model.
• Understanding of databases, advanced SQL and NoSQL databases
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to think creatively.
• Experience in Apache NiFi is a Plus
Additional Job Description
Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family.
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individuals age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs
If this job has expired, is not a working from home job or there is another problem please click on the Report Job icon above to report it to our team.