• Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience
• 2 years of experience in product management, software development, design, human-computer interaction, or related technical background
• Experience developing business and product requirements for software development
• Experience managing elements of the product development life-cycle such as product vision, go-to-market strategy, developing product requirements, and product launch
• Experience with building and driving growth platforms
• Demonstrated knack for leadership, design, and strategic problem solving
• Knowledge of databases, APIs, and software development concepts
• Interest in learning more about marketing technology, learning new skills and up-leveling your existing skills
About the job
Whether youre on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the products journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, youll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Product Leads for Ads Marketing Automation, you are responsible for developing a strategy for the marketing technology, and building tools that power acquisition, retention, and product adoption campaigns.
Our mission is to build great user experiences for our customers Google Ads acquires and grows each year, and help all Google Ads marketers launch their campaigns efficiently and effectively. We lead the development of business requirements, identification of product requirements with Google’s software engineers, and project manage the development of tools built by our team.
As strategic thinker with outstanding organization skills, you will bring a hybrid of a performance marketing mindset and product management skill set to help us drive impact and increase business metrics across the Google Ads acquisition and same store businesses.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Googles products solve the worlds problems-from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can-changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
• Identify opportunities for new and innovative marketing tools and platforms, develop a plan for development, and project manage the delivery of your ideas
• Work closely with marketing teams to gather global input to prioritize what we should build
• Coordinate with our engineering team to identify what is and isnt possible, tightly define requirements, and manage feature delivery
• Act as a subject matter expert on the business objectives and processes for your product area
• Oversee the creation and delivery of all relevant documentation/training for your product/tools
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Googles EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form