Graphics Research Engineer
Facebooks mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, were building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether were creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - were just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs Research (FRL-R) brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers with the shared goal of developing AR and VR across the spectrum. The charter of the Graphics Research group within FRL-R is to make exceptional consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences targeting five to ten years out.We are currently seeking talented Research Engineers and Research Scientists to help develop forward looking graphics pipelines for AR and VR, and solve the next generation of challenges in the visual computing space, at our research lab. The focus of this role is on computer graphics with the primary responsibility being the efficient synthesis of high quality images, including leveraging and developing state-of-the-art techniques. This full-time position requires a background in computer science, computer engineering, or similar areas; and a strong background in graphics, math, and programming.
• Initiate and lead research projects in graphics with an emphasis on mobile and other low power rendering architectures
• Research innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize rendering quality and efficiency
• Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop innovative technologies that impact the future graphics pipelines
• Interact cross-functionally with peer teams, like hardware, perceptual science, optics, and displays
• Advanced degree in the field of computer graphics, image processing, or similar domains
• 3+ years of experience with advanced image synthesis, including rasterization, ray tracing, sampling, physically based shading, level of detail, and image processing
• 3+ years of experience with high quality real-time graphics on mobile and/or low power GPUs
• 3+ years of experience with C++
• 2+ experience publishing at top computer graphics conferences and/or journals
• Demonstrated experience dealing with ambiguity, and experience working with cross-functional teams
• PhD in the field of computer graphics, image processing, or similar domains
• Experience bringing and optimizing high quality graphics applications onto mobile platforms
• Experience developing graphics APIs like DirectX, Vulkan, and/or Metal and drivers on low power and mobile GPUs
• Experience with GPU hardware architecture, preferably having influenced silicon design along feature and/or performance axes
• Track record of achieving results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as SIGGRAPH, Eurographics, HPG, EGSR, etc.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org