As An Education Coach, You Will
• Call, email and text prospective students shortly after they create a Guild account to help them return to school through their employer’s education benefit
• Engage with new student leads on a daily basis by responding to inbound connections and creatively sourcing leads from our existing database
• Nourish relationships by learning about prospective students’ work and educational experience as well as their goals so that you can more effectively help them understand their benefits and paths to education (whether online classes, programs or accredited college degrees)
• Own the outcomes of these initial conversations as key to the students’ paths forward as well as a critical component to Guild’s long term success
• Push to connect with every single possible student from our employer partners - be enthusiastic about achieving or exceeding ambitious goals
• Develop and improve your consultative conversation approaches through feedback and call coaching, training programs, and collaboration with team members and your manager
• Support the students throughout the entire application and enrollment process in order to ensure a seamless, productive and positive experience with Guild
• Ensure prospective students have a clear understanding of the skills, technology, and time commitment needed to be a successful student & working adult
• Accurately manage your student pipeline and data in Salesforce
You Are a Strong Fit If
• You believe hard work is important for success and don’t shy away from metric based goals
• You prefer a fast-changing environment over one that remains the same
• You have a data-driven mindset and the ability to use insights from qualitative conversations and quantitative metrics to build stronger relationships and achieve better results
• You have experience in admissions, enrollment, consultative sales or recruiting roles and a desire to apply those skills to help working adults pursue education
• You welcome feedback from your manager in hopes of improving in the role and growing in your career
• You have a belief in our mission - this role is compensated on base pay, not incentive bonuses
• You have great attention to detail, making sure data is entered and accurate
• You have experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM
• Regular and predictable attendance is required
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guilds investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $50,000-51,500, as well as company stock options.
• Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
• Access to a 401k to help save for the future
• We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
• We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
• We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
• We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
• We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth