Houzz is the world’s leading platform for home remodeling and design, helping more than 2.5 million home professionals in over 100 categories to grow and manage their business. Through Houzz, a community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts, find ideas, hire professionals, source products and access tools to update their homes from start to finish. Houzz is available in every country around the world with localized platforms in more than 10 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About The Role
Houzz is seeking a passionate and analytical Senior SEO Strategist to join its SEO team and pursue world-class, white hat SEO on Houzz’s global portfolio of sites. You will take ownership of the B2B content marketing section of the site, drive SEO strategy and execution, and measure the impact of your work.
You will have responsibility for results, the support and mentorship of the SEO team, and the resources to make things happen.
What You’ll Do
• Take responsibility and ownership of the Houzz Pro B2B area of the sites across all geos
• Identify areas of SEO opportunity in site structure, on-page optimization, and keyword tracking
• Conduct keyword research and competitor research
• Monitor and report on rankings, traffic, and conversion performance
• Work with engineers to implement SEO improvements; own all steps of your projects
• Write copy or edit existing copy to improve SEO performance
• Continually expand your knowledge of SEO and become a master of Google Fu
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
• At least 3 years SEO experience, either in-house or with an agency
• Ability to write/edit user-focused SEO copy & articles
• Familiarity with SEO best practices: you should know how to optimize a page and understand how to make a page rank well, including on and off page signals
• Strong analytical ability
• Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
• The drive to kick ass and take names
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
• Familiarity with content marketing
• Familiarity with technical SEO
• Experience with white-hat link building (not guest posting / PBNs)
• Backdoor access to Google algorithms that let you manually set rankings to whatever you want
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on our community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts who use our platform and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who grow and manage their business with Houzz Pro. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth over $1 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. When applying for a role at Houzz, we guarantee your application will be considered regardless of your sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, height or weight, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We embrace and celebrate the value that diversity brings to an organization and understand that diverse backgrounds and different points of view are essential components of helping Houzz in our mission to provide the best experience for home renovation and design. Houzz is committed to fostering an inclusive environment through projects and initiatives such as employee resource groups and diversity workshops.
Houzz celebrates differences and strives to create a comfortable and authentic climate for Houzzers to feel supported, where they are welcomed to think creatively and contribute to innovative ideas, while having the freedom to be themselves and share their lives at work.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice