IBI Groups Transit & Mobility Data team focuses on helping transit agencies manage their data, provide high-quality real-time information to passengers, analyze service quality, and measure performance. The Transit Data practice also has a special emphasis on open source software like OpenTripPlanner, open data, and open data standards like GTFS/GTFS-real-time (transit), and GBFS (micromobility).
The Transit & Mobility Data team has been working closely with many agencies to build and maintain multimodal trip planning applications built on OpenTripPlanner and tools for managing and editing open transit data. Some of our recent projects are with Portland TriMet, New York State DOT, San Francisco Bay Area MTC, the ATL in Atlanta, GA, amongst others.
In this role, you can expect to:
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of open source transportation software(OpenTripPlanner-based multi modal trip planners and the GTFS management platform TRANSIT-data-tools software)
• Develop wireframes and user interface mockups for new features
• Identify opportunities to improve our software development process
• Customize and deploy implementations of OpenTripPlanner and/or TRANSIT-data-tools to meet the needs of client transit agencies
• Write tests to enhance the reliability of our codebase
• Work closely with product managers, development team and end users to design and architect new product features
• Develop and maintain engaging and practical system documentation
Youll need to have:
• Familiarity with source control (git), software testing and knowledge of software development processes
• A sense for design and what makes for clean and intuitive user interfaces
• Familiarity with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Xd, Figma, InVision) and desire to learn new ones
• Familiarity with and/or interest in public transit and multimodal transportation
• Curiosity to understand how systems work and identify/solve problems
• Attention to detail and ability to balance priorities and multiple projects
• Willingness to both learn independently but reach out for support/guidance as needed
• Interest in developing new skills and excitement for new challenges
It’s a bonus if you also have:
• Familiarity with, or interest in, transit data (e.g. GTFS and GTFS-real-time formatted data) and/or open source transit software (e.g. OpenTripPlanner)
• Experience with or interest in the design and implementation of map-based user interfaces, using tools such as Leaflet, Mapbox, Carto, etc.
Located at 907 SW Harvey Milk St in the heart of downtown, our Portland office is housed on the first floor of a historical architectural wonder – a former federal reserve bank building designed by Pietro Belluschi, Downtown Portland offers comprehensive public transit options. Our office is nearby light rail, buses, and the streetcar. Portland is also a bike-friendly city with dedicated lanes and our office has a shower facility to encourage this green option for getting to work. There are no shortages of restaurants and food trucks nearby with a variety of lunch options; and we’re a short walk from the beautiful waterfront (cherry blossoms come out in the spring!).
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office, we can be based in Boston, Atlanta, Seattle or Portland.
IBI Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid sick/vacation/holidays/training/professional development, and much more.
We encourage candidates to submit a link to their GitHub page for software development examples, and/or portfolio of UI/UX design experience.
As part of IBI Groups selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs
If this job has expired, is not a working from home job or there is another problem please click on the Report Job icon above to report it to our team.