What We Do:
Brightwell is a full-service fintech company that supplies thoughtful solutions and technology for sending money around the world while managing all complex regulatory requirements. Coupling technological innovation with strategic partnerships, Brightwell offers technology for other businesses to expand their own portfolio into cross-border payments (including bank transfers, mobile wallets, or cash), unmatched fraud and transaction monitoring, all backed by an in-house team of global payments experts.
Who We Need:
This is a REMOTE position. We are based in Atlanta, GA. If youre local to this area, youre welcome to join us in person if youd like.
What You’ll Do:
• Dive deep into technical requirements to understand end-to-end needs
• Identify and try solution options that are simple, extensible, and maintainable
• Participate in planning to iterate and continuously improve the product
• Play a role in laying the architecture and foundation of the codebase
• Use your test-driven engineering skills to speed solutions to completion
• Exhibit discipline towards agile processes, always thinking holistically about the end goal
• See the project through from estimating to design, development, and delivery
• Design and/or implement APIs
• Build scalable, exceptionally reliable product features
• Jump in on other tasks or projects, as needed
• 7+ years software development experience
• Experience using Node to build APIs
• Experience working on a large-scale project using Node and Node frameworks
• Understanding of how to execute well on the build/measure/learn process and lean startup skills
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5 and CSS3
• Experience with the integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• An understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
We’ll give you extra credit for:
• Experience using the Express framework to build APIs
• Experience with system architecture is a strong advantage
• New product development experience
• FinTech or banking client experience
Above and beyond the skills, we’re looking for people with a few key traits:
• Team Player – We have a passion for building high performing teams. We know high performing teams are unstoppable when everyone is rowing in the same direction.
• Problem Solver – We are solving a macroeconomic problem every day we walk through the door. It’s exciting. It’s challenging. And at the end of the day, you’re doing something that matters.
• Loves a bit of chaos – Let’s be honest… We’re building a product that is growing exponentially. We move fast. That speed creates a level of excitement.
• Empathy – Being nice really does matter! We’re a fintech company in the business of actually helping people and are looking for others who put that same level of thought into how our end users live and use our product.
What We’re Offering in Return
• Freedom: We trust you to do your thing and do it well.
• Professional Development: We work with you to grow your skills and push you forward.
• Travel: You will get the unique opportunity to travel on ship* to meet with crew members around the world. (*As soon as ships are sailing again!)
• Entrepreneurship: We embrace new ideas and people who have the drive to see them through. If you are a doer, look no further!
• Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, parental leave, paid vacation, and more.
• Random: Snacks, Ping-Pong table, company events (happy hours, CEO lunches, outings to United Games etc.) All to resume as soon as we’re back together in the office!
Brightwell is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture