Linux Systems Engineer
Hiring Now Near You! The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
Thats where youll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity , then we are the right fit for you.
This position will implement, maintain and support anything related to Linux servers consisting primarily of CentOS and Streams cloud VMs, but there are also legacy Linux servers.
Linux Engineer- You must be Linux engineer with experience in system administration in an open systems environment using automation and configuration management to drive efficiency andstandardization.This role will be strong in automation with advanced administration, troubleshooting and operational experience in a complex Linux environment comprised mostly of virtual Servers.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
• Strong expertise with production and application support in mixed environments.
• Experience in open systems server hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, problem resolution and root cause analysis.
• Great understanding of system log analysis, tcpdump, network traces and Wireshark review, etc.
• Have a decent understanding of other domains such as network, storage, middleware, etc.
• Knowledge of ITIL best practices (Incident, change, and problem management).
• In-depth knowledge of standard methodologies aroundUnix/VMware/Storage/Backup.
• Familiar with system monitoring and telemetry. Ability to validate the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, including reviewing system and application logs, and monitoring capacities.
• In-depth knowledge and experience with automation.
• Proficient experience with Unix scripting and automation with tools like Python, Ansible and Salt.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Provide technical support while maintaining Technology, Security and Control Standards.
• Seek out continual improvements with current automation for long term support.
• Build new Salt States as needs and requirements are presented.
• Utilize GitLab for version control and storage of scripts/code and documentation.
• Ability to analyze, determine root cause and resolve extensive range of complicated problems.
• Follow-up and coordinate changes involving hardware, software, networking and applications.
• Provision, configure and monitor servers via Foreman. Publish and promote content views.
• Work with other systems engineers to define solutions that will best satisfy the business need.
• Configure and support Foreman for Package management of Unix Systems.
• Determine solutions for recurring and/or complex issues.
• Work on new environment deployments, datacenter server consolidation, site decommission which includes server migration and virtualization of current environment.
• Tier 2 Oncall Rotation