Manager, Sales Development
Zendesk is looking for a Sales Development Manager that will develop, train and hire a highly driven and enthusiastic team of lead generation and lead qualification professionals. The Sales Development team is the first interaction with prospective Zendesk customers and is key to the success of Zendesk
The ideal candidate for this role has proven experience in managing, building and inspiring a team to achieve daily, weekly and monthly/quarterly targets in addition to delivering feedback to marketing and sales operations about lead quality and process improvements.
• Hire, coach and manage a team of Sales Development Reps
• Develop the sales, product and industry skills of each team member
• Motivate team members through creative incentives.
• Regularly report on Team/Individual Results - Lead Quantity, Quality and Revenue.
• Work closely with Marketing on defining Campaign follow-up and reporting.
• Work closely with Sales Managers and Reps to ensure Lead Quality/Quantity and proper follow-up.
• Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency and Productivity.
• Proficient in Salesforce.com and Zendesk
• Superior time management and communication skills
• Great working knowledge of Salesforce.com features and limitations
• Experience managing and improving Sales Development KPIs
• Running successful weekly and monthly team meetings
• Managing individual and management expectations (Managing Up)
• 5+ years in the Software sales, preferably in SaaS/Customer Support/Sales/CRM software
• Consistent track record of 100%+ of quota achievement as individual contributor
• 2+ Years management experience, with a proven track record of building a great working environment
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
About Zendesk - Champions Of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
U.S. Applicants Only: Consistent with Zendesk’s emphasis on employee wellness and our shared interest in public health, Zendesk requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Zendesk will consider accommodations for reasons recognized by applicable law. Zendesk prohibits discrimination and will not tolerate discrimination based on a person’s disability, physical or mental conditions, religion, or any other status protected by law.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesks Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information