McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
The state of healthcare is complex, but our shared purpose isnt: Help people get the medicine they need to live healthier lives. CoverMyMeds solves medication access challenges for patients throughout every step of their journey through a unified brand that now encompasses RelayHealth, RxCrossroads by McKesson, McKesson Prescription Automation and CoverMyMeds.
Our combined experience spans nearly 90 years and together, were applying our expertise to solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare. We accelerate innovative solutions for problems like medication affordability and adherence in way that everyone wins — from providers to pharmacies, payers to biopharma and, especially, patients. By combining automation and expert intervention, the company provides prior authorization, prescription decision support, specialty patient support, core adjudication network, patient assistance programs, clinical and behavioral adherence and patient empowerment solutions.
Were proud to be an integral part of McKesson Corporation and embody the sharedvaluesand leadership behaviors of the greater organization.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
• **Training in office with potential remote work - Must be in DFW area
• **Shift hours - Anywhere between 8am-7pm - Must be flexible - Over-time may be required
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Show initiative and take an enthusiastic proactive approach to work.
• Exhibit sense of urgency and superb multi-tasking skills.
• Checks all orders for completeness of information.
• Ability to read and interpret prescriptions
• Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
• Checks all orders for insurance approval.
• Calculates correct dosage volumes, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents.
• Responsible for assisting Pharmacists in the safe distribution of medications and the provision of pharmaceutical care.
• Enter and process new prescriptions into the pharmacy computer system where permitted by pharmacy regulation, and only at the direction of the supervising pharmacist after their review of the prescription in accordance with The Company policy and procedure.
• Process prescription refills to include: refill confirmation when appropriate, review pending refills with the supervising pharmacist, generate refill documentation and process third party claims adjudication.
• Maintains a neat and clean workstation.
• Accurately process all orders in a timely manner.
• Assist in maintaining the accuracy of software templates.
• Other tasks as assigned by Management.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years of experience in a Data Intake Pharmacy
• Pharmacy Technician License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands of this job typically require full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination and the ability to read and note appropriate measurements. Requires sitting/standing for extensive periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to direct contact with patients with potential for exposure to toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and chemotherapeutic agents.
Career Level – IC – Business Support – B3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson