The Animator will create compelling imagery and video for our digital properties as well as assist in building out performance-driven marketing campaigns that deliver amazing brand experiences consistent with the Workiva branding, look, and feel. This individual will work closely with designers, video producers, and content writers to build awareness of the Workiva brand.
• Collaborate with Design, Digital, Production and Content teams to understand needs and develop assets, and bring ideas and assets to life through animation & production
• Work within existing brand standards as well as creating new assets that build and support our design system
• Interpret and follow assigned briefs regarding specific assets and deliverables needed
• Translate a concept from storyboard to animatic to a polished creative piece and tailor deliverables to specific marketing channels
• Work independently and stay inspired to create engaging designs and animations
• Edit cut, and export video
• Come up with fresh animation ideas and techniques while maintaining the Workiva brand
• Work to a variety of deadlines across multiple projects at once
• Present work to stakeholders and be able to interpret and implement feedback
• Ensure final product aligns with needs of the Workiva brand
• Bring a level of clarity and understanding of our product through animations, videos and GIFs
What Youll Need
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
• BA or certificate in animation, graphic design or related field
• 3+ years experience in video production and animation; or equivalent combination of education or experience
• Experience wearing multiple hats (animator / editor / designer)
• Experience in character animation is a plus.
• Experience working within a digital production team
• A superb creative portfolio that clearly shows knowledge and execution of video/design
• Strong video post-production, VFX, and motion graphics skills
• Have a great understanding of storytelling with a strong editing sense
• Proficiency in 3D programs such as Cinema 4D, Blender, Autodesk, Maya, Moho Pro or Houdini
• Knowledge in other animation programs such as Character Animator, XD, Spine, FlipBook, Procreate or iClone a plus
• Advanced, demonstrated 2D animation skills in both hand-drawn and computer-based formats.
• Figma knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of animation production techniques and adherence to the principles of animation
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Animate, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Audition and Photoshop
• Excellent time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines, ability to multitask.
• Ability to work independently in order to accomplish tasks
• Minimal travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
• Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How Youll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $29.00-38.00/hr
Discretionary bonus typically paid annually
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
• Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
• Trust: Rely on each other.
• Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
• Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
• Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
• Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
• Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
• Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
• Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
• Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
• Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment. Effective October 18, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to visit any Workiva office, attend in-person meetings, or travel for business purposes