Are you looking for a new and exciting career opportunity?
Join our award-winning organization and work with some of the most talented minds within our Enterprise Technology and Innovation teams. As a Salient CRGT employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation’s most critical missions. At Salient CRGT, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important. That is why we offer competitive compensation and a diverse benefits package. Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits program.
Why Salient CRGT?
We’re passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation. We provide the tools and resources to help you be successful, and our culture fosters an environment in which idea sharing and collaboration is essential. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Engineering Analyst has experience in coordinating with various individuals such as program and project leaders to analyze system and/or product architecture, design, coding, and performance. Can identify strategies for addressing requirements, risks, and issues. Can conduct trade-off analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Also has demonstrable skills in resolve problems as related to their field. Designs, develops, evaluates and modifies networks as well as end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products.
As a Client Remote Access Engineer, you will work with a team of senior level network / security engineers that design and deploy enterprise level gateway solutions for the Department of Veteran Affairs.
• Experience designing and deploying Client Remote Access technologies within a large, diverse network. Experience configuring and deploying Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco Identify Service Engine (ISE), and the use of Citrix NetScalers within an overall large Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop solution.
• Experience with Cisco DMVPN as well as related technologies that support the design and deployment of a hardware-based Client Remote Access VPN solution.
• Experience configuring and deploying Cisco ASA X series platforms as well as Cisco IOS based switches.
• Experience with Cisco Nexus 9K, 5K and 2K platforms (Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS) Software).
• Experience with network management tools such as SolarWinds.
• Experience creating / maintaining detailed system / network diagrams using Microsoft Visio as well as experience utilizing other Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Experience or understanding of the OMB Mandate for Trusted Internet Connections
• Designed/architected/implemented medium to large sized networks and have deployed said technologies in these networks.
Qualifications And Requirements
• An understanding of the OSI model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP
• Demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (Technical and Non-Technical)
• Work well independently as well as with co-workers and be more than willing to provide suggestions / recommendations as needed. Must have a propensity for knowledge sharing.
• Must be able to adapt to a dynamic work environment with ever changing customer demands and requirements.
• Must be customer focused and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
• Attend administrative staff meetings; provide updates on work status/performance to team lead.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly report input as required.
• Create, review and modify existing processes and procedures as well as create new processes and procedures as needed
• Duties may require traveling, being on call periodically, and occasionally working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
• Ability to learn new technologies and products, independently, using documentation and online resources
• Education / Experience: Bachelors Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 2 - 5 years of relevant experience is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education on a case by case basis.
• PWS Specified Certifications:
• Miscellaneous: Duties may require traveling, being on call periodically, and occasionally working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
• Background Investigation: Must be able to pass a government Tier 4 High Background Investigation.
• Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, CCP – N (Citrix Certified Professional – Networking)
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws