OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nations cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About The IT Systems Engineer Role
OpenGov is looking for an IT Systems Engineer to join our team and assist in expanding our development of access control, application integration, and IT support initiatives. This position serves as a functional and technical individual for OpenGov IT security projects, and designing of creative scalable solutions to complex business problems works very closely with application owners and users. OpenGov IT organization is rapidly growing and is looking for a candidate who can plan and develop scalable technical solutions to keep up with business needs.
What Youll Be Doing
• Work on IT and security projects (Ex. roles, profiles, permissions within R&D systems) to ensure SOCII compliance and setup for future security certifications
• Establish, monitor, and ensure thorough on-boarding and off-boarding process for all internal users
• Implement integrations among various enterprise systems and 3rd parties via events handling and API, including but not limited to Identity and Access Management, user provisioning, single sign-on, email.
• Implement automation and workflow for business processes such as employee onboarding, asset management, vendor management, and equipment procurement.
• Plan and implement access controls across a wide range of systems
• Partner with Engineering Operations, IT, and Business Systems teams to identify areas for improvement in spend management (Ex. users or periodically removing de-provisioned platforms)
• Provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all IT systems
• Create SelfService policies and customizations
• Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
• Create and maintain technical knowledge base documents
What We Look For In You
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, driven to succeed. Able to work around ‘blockers’ with teams and come up with long-term solutions, as well as creative workarounds where necessary.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience with IT help desk ticketing systems such as Zendesk or Jira Service management.
• Familiarity with API, MDM, Okta, SnapLogic, Atlassian Suite, Google Workspaces, Windows, and macOS.
• Organized and can manage multiple projects that meet the needs of multiple stakeholders within the organization
• Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment and a strong sense of accountability as well as a proven track record of driving results through indirect influence and delivering results.
• Ability to learn new systems and technology quickly.
• Crisp written communication and verbal communication skills
• Heavy emphasis on following security best practices
BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science, Accounting or other related fields
What Makes OpenGov Unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times 40 under 40 class of 2018 !
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Culture: Winner of 2021 Top Workplaces USA award , Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers , 50 Best Workplaces award . Check out our Careers Video !
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nations cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. Were powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status