• Software deployment of our hardware product.
• Building systems and scripts.
• Packaging applications, release, and deployment on Linux.
Pacific Biosciences seeks a smart, creative, energetic new teammate to take the design of build, release, and deployment to the next level. Be a part of a fast-paced team delivering building tools and software to implement instrument design, deployment, and upgrade. You might be the teammate were looking for if you know more than just using Linux, and have deployed software to computers, IoT devices, or embedded systems.
Your Projects May Include:
• Play a role in creating the system layer of our new generation of instruments.
• Develop new tools to simplify and support the software processes, builds, and releases.
• End-to-end, new instrument infrastructure testing simulation deployment, crucial to development velocity and overall business operations.
• Build, release, and install process for the sequencing instrument and analytical system.
• Create the next generation of runtime or dev-time environments used in custom hardware instruments, with components such as FPGA or GPU.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
• Linux system services, device drivers, kernel source code, performance measurement, and profiling.
• Shell, Python, or other scripting languages.
• Cmake, Gradle, sbt, meson, or other software build systems.
• Source control management like git and workflow like gitflow.
• The development process of production or open-source software.
• Forward-thinking with a continuous learning mindset for growth.
• Focus on quality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Constructive team player, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering BS/MS/PhD or relevant disciplines or experience.
• Work with a wide variety of people across engineering disciplines.
Better if you also have experience with:
• Developing software life cycle documentation.
• Building Linux packages, for example, building native code with “configure;make;make install” style of software porting.
• Various Linux toolchains or ABIs or maintaining and debugging projects written in C/C++, for example, debugging runtime issues with shared libraries.
• Automating complex tasks with shell scripts, python, golang, or other scripting languages.
• Profiling and performance measurement.
Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB) is striving to cure disease with comprehensive genomics, from improving human health to aiding all forms of biology and microbiology. In particular, our technology is being used for most COVID-19 pandemic surveillance to track mutations and virulence. Join the team and have a significant impact on human well-being and build a collective understanding of the biological world.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs
If this job has expired, is not a working from home job or there is another problem please click on the icon to report it to our team.