• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
• Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
• Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
• Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
• Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
• Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
• Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
• Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
• Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
• Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the companys stance.
• Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
• Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
• Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
• Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the companys benefits package.
• Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
• Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
• Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
• Facilitates payroll and benefits audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
• Establish and enhance processes to payroll processing and other systems to automate and error-proof workflow.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; experience with ADP HRIS and benefits database.
• Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
• Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
• Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals (RFPs).
• Knowledge of benefits contract language.
• Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Proficient with ADP payroll software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
• Five to Seven years of related experience required.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
IP Corporation has been a supplier to the composites industry for over four decades. With our four subsidiaries (Interplastic, North American Composites, Molding Products and HK Research), we are uniquely positioned to meet the needs of our diverse customers. More than ever, our commitment to becoming the finest supplier and distributor of resins and composite materials in our industry still stands