The Payroll Specialist will ensure the collection of necessary information and documents, computes wages, and investigates and resolves payroll issues or discrepancies.
Solving challenges is the very foundation of who we are. After all, in the beginning, our founder, sea captain Robert Fergusson, didn’t particularly care about paint. When he founded our company in 1921, he just wanted to keep his ship intact and stumbled upon a valuable solution. Today, that discovery is Rust-Oleum Corporation.
The same passion that drove the Captain to spend his next few years creating the world’s first rust-preventative paint still drives us today. When we see a problem, we work diligently until we’ve perfected a solution, which has led to some of the most cutting edge, durable and innovative products in the industry. Our creative and talented team of over 2000 people across every corner of the world, help us remain the global leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
Here’s what you can expect every day:
• Processes the weekly payroll for the union population and assists in processing the payrolls for the exempt and non-exempt populations.
• Ensures Payroll accuracy, data input, and review including new hires, terminations, time entry, stop payments, voluntary/involuntary deductions, earnings, taxable/non-taxable fringe benefits, associates tax elections, payment method elections, etc.
• Enters new hire data and changes into the time-keeping system.
• Processes and audits all garnishments, child support, and other withholding orders for the company.
• Processes unemployment claims for the company.
• Imports employee purchase deductions and reimbursements each pay cycle.
• Completes year-end payroll-related tasks as needed.
• Provides backup timekeeping and payroll responsibilities.
• Responds to employment verifications, audits, garnishments, and other agencies inquiries.
• Stores payroll change documentation in the electronic imaging system (Perceptive Content).
• May assist with preparing and uploading journal entries into the accounting system (SAP)
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
• Associate Degree or equivalent. Fundamental Payroll Certification is a plus.
• Minimum 3 years of Payroll experience with the ability to use judgment in resolving related issues or making recommendations.
• Multi-state payroll and tax experience required.
• Kronos (UKG) Workforce Ready experience preferred
• ADP Garnishment experience is preferred
• Oracle Cloud payroll experience is preferred.
• Intermediate Excel skills is required.
• Work well in a team environment – ability to compromise, collaborate and show respect to others.
• Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal supervision.
• Excellent problem-solving and prioritization skills, and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Great customer service skills