Location: Seneca Falls NY
Manages Others: Yes –3 direct reports
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred
Experience: 5+ years of Accounting/Finance with management experience in varied transactional areas and process improvement. Preferred experience in a shared services/centralized services environment and payroll services.
General Position Summary:
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Founded in 1920, ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2012 revenues of $2.5 billion. Our product and service offerings are organized in four businesses that generally operate in markets where specialized engineered solutions are required to support customer needs.
• Responsible for leading a team in the delivery of services relating to the completion of the entire Payroll Shared Service operation for ITT Corp.
• Includes the daily functions of Payroll Processing, reconciliations, data integrity, enhancements/continuous improvement, on-boarding of units, etc.
• Also includes periodic management of reporting of key data regarding department performance such as cost, quality, and delivery of key performance indicators.
• Oversees the payroll system, tax system, garnishments, and quarter-end/year-end tasks.
• Responsible for the analysis and compliance of complex payrolls inclusive of but not limited to executive payroll transactions, stock awards, relocation, InPat & Expat payroll, and tax management.
• Responsible for conducting reconciliation audits, interfacing with the business’s third-party payroll and benefit vendors.
• Work closely with business partners to ensure accuracy of payroll and benefits
• Help ensures compliance of ITT with federal, state, and local requirements.
• Liaison between Human Resources, benefits, compensation, and local Human Resources.
• Responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager with payroll projects, managing regulatory changes related to payroll, and defining process requirements to implement more effective business processes.
• Helps to develop project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or equipment installations or changes to existing ones.
• Serve as a subject matter expert to the payroll team.
• Responsible for best-in-class Payroll services delivered by the Shared Service team.
• Scope to include operations support for ITT units in North America and UK.
• Works directly with internal customers and vendors to manage all aspects of payroll.
• 5+ years of Accounting/Finance with management experience in varied transactional areas and process improvement. Preferred experience in a shared services/centralized services environment and payroll services.
• BS in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience).
• Ability to work with more complex payroll actions and practices i.e. ex-pat, tax, executive compensation (stock, deferred compensation)
• Processing amendments quarter to quarter and year end actions
• Strong background in payroll and a track record of accuracy and OTD
• General understanding of Multi-state regulations – California and Pennsylvania experience/knowledge is preferred
• Understand benefits administration and how they impact payroll – medical, dental, 401k, disability, various types of leave
• Troubleshooting issues and providing customer assistance
• Systems experience: ADP, Workday HRIS, SAP is a plus
• Union payroll experience is a plus
• Independent decision making
• Ability to review data, strong background in data analytics
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with core shared services groups and other internal stake holders and other internal stake holders