Are you passionate about designing tools and software that enable organizations to scale rapidly while delivering great value to customers? Are you excited by talking to customers, understanding their pain points, and delivering results that solve them? The Amazon Devices UX Design & Research Team seeks a thoughtful, creative, and motivated Principal UX Designer to design software and tools that enable the Devices organization to scale and automate demand planning, promotion services, and forecasting efforts for Amazon Devices, including Echo & Alexa devices, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Kindle E-readers, Ring and Blink Home Security products, and more. You will partner with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Machine Learning Scientists, Strategic Planners, UX Designers, and User Researchers to drive innovation for new and optimized prediction, simulation, and personalization services that enable customers to purchase Amazon Devices at the time and place they desire.
As a Principal UX Designer for Scaling Tools & Software, you will own the definition and design of simple, fluid, and beautiful experiences that simplify workflows for internal customers while enabling innovation for machine learning models, science, and technology to automate or completely augment workflows in the way we know them today. You have an inventor’s spirit and highly refined aesthetic sensibilities to design elegant data visualizations that help users to make educated business decisions that drive billions in revenue annually. You obsess over the customer experience; never settling for good enough. You love to dive into unknown territory, thrive in ambiguity, and invent simple solutions to complex challenges, working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. Your work will focus on desktop first, but you should be passionate about expanding features that move with users from one device to another.
You are a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to deal with ambiguity within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables that achieve the customer goals and business requirements.
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate and work cross-functionally with design, product, and engineering teams from design concept to design solution, using business requirements, customer research, and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
• Design conceptual sketches, wireframe information architecture, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications
• Develop and nurture relationships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration, efficiency, and adoption of solutions
• Develop and maintain detailed design patterns that scale for your team and influence other designers
• Lead brainstorming sessions and give presentations to partners and stakeholders to drive design, demonstrating features and flows
• Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies, usage data), using that to inform future design
About The Team
The Amazon Devices UX & Research Team defines and builds e-commerce shopping platforms and programs globally to support Amazon Device education, sales, and customer engagement, and designs internal software and tools to simplify and automate processes that enable the Devices organization to scale and continue to delight our customers. We are a multi-disciplinary group of UX designers, researchers, and prototypers that envision, create, and execute ideas end to end.
• Bachelors degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• 10+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• Experience designing for enterprise and/or internal tools to simplify workflows, scale, and support automation for internal stakeholders and customers.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
• Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
• Experience prototyping in Sketch, Principal, Axure, or relevant software tool
• Familiarity with Machine Learning technology and design considerations
• Proven track record for partnering closely with other teams to influence positive outcomes and propose well-informed new directions
• Demonstrated business acumen, including experience measuring and calibrating the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals
• Self-motivated team player, with refined and assertive leadership skills
• Experience teaching and mentoring others
• Experience working in a collaborative team, white-boarding and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1883853