The Red Hat Systems Management Support team is looking for an enterprise-level system engineer to join us as a Technical Support Engineer to join us.In this role, you will provide direct technical support and sustaining engineering services for Red Hat Satellite, a system management solution that makes Red Hat infrastructure simple to deploy, scale, and manage across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. You will maintain regular contact and develop close working relationships with top developers, engineers, and architects and assist our front-line support engineers with complex and meaningful issues. Red Hats Support Delivery team is dedicated to resolving the issues quickly and effectively and is dedicated to improving up-time and reducing IT costs for enterprise customers. The Red Hat support center is located in Denver, CO, but home-based remote engineers in the Mountain and Pacific time zones will also be considered.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Resolve complex customer problems within Red Hat Satellite and other system management solutions
• Support customers by responding within the designated service-level agreement (SLA) period to incoming calls and chat and web-based inquiries about our technologies
• Investigate and resolve issues; develop solutions for our customers while understanding their business needs
• Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop solutions for customer issues
• Exceed customer expectations by providing outstanding customer service
• Collaborate with other engineers and developers to develop creative solutions for our customers, including fixes
• Share your knowledge gained from troubleshooting issues by contributing to the global Red Hat knowledge management system; present troubleshooting instructions and solutions to other engineers within the domain
• Consult with and develop relationships with in-house engineers and developers to promote creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction
• Linux system administration experience, including installation methods, networking, firewall, security, clustering, web servers, and databases using Linux
• Solid troubleshooting and debugging skills with a passion for problem-solving and investigation
• Excellent customer service skills, help desk experience, or customer-focused experience
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience within the enterprise IT sector
• Scripting or programming experience using Bash, Perl, Python, Java, or Ruby is a plus
• Knowledge of systems management tools and infrastructure software is a plus
• Experience with configuration management solutions and automated deployments using Katello, Foreman, Puppet, Spacewalk or similar tools a plus
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or other Linux certification is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
• Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
• Retirement 401(k) with employer match
• Paid time off and holidays
• Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
• Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
• Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee
zobjobs for Work from home Jobs
If this job has expired, is not a working from home job or there is another problem please click on the Report Job icon above to report it to our team.