The Sales and Service Specialist is responsible for handling Omni-channel contacts such as answering phone calls, handling chats, texts, and emails, from our customers providing sales and service support. The Sales and Service Specialist role is primarily responsible for building engaging relationships with our customer and utilizing the product and knowledge they have gained to give our customer the confidence to be her best self every day. The Sales and Service Specialist is expected to assist in any and all customer contact opportunities as business needs require.
• Responsible for answering a high volume of incoming customer contacts. Enthusiastically communicates with Talbots customers via Omni-channel contacts.
• Builds and Maintains a genuine and engaging interest throughout the contact while committing to maximizing the experience for our customer by knowing, serving and delighting her.
• Consistently demonstrates proficiency on all systems.
• Uses tools, creativity, innovation, and smart risk-taking to satisfy her needs in one interaction where applicable.
• Protects her information in accordance with established PCI requirements.
• Act with integrity, transparency, candor and respect when dealing with customers. Effectively listens and explores her needs to determine what merchandise and services will meet those needs.
• Is knowledgeable and ensures our customer is informed of current communications that are relevant to her, (i.e. sales promotions, special campaigns, because we earn her trust and loyalty by staying true to our mission.
• Successfully completes all continuing education on merchandise, procedures, and customer service skills, because we strive constantly and consistently to do better things, not just to do things better.
• Consistently meeting or exceeding established metrics and Service Standards, because we believe the better we do, the better we can do.
• Does whatever it takes to assist the customer in a professional and responsible manner to meet her needs.
• Consistently in compliance with attendance and punctuality and adherence because we win as a team and are dedicated to ensuring success.
• Complete any assigned miscellaneous and/or specialized duties and tasks required to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and achievement of center performance goals.
Knowledge / Experience / Education
• Knowledge and experience normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma
• 1-3 years in a customer service environment
• Experience with PC based systems is required.
• Is customer-centric and understands the importance of creating exceptional customer experiences
• Has strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple fellow associates in stores and in Contact Center.
• Strong decision making and the ability to handle issues appropriately and striving to resolve all issues on the first contact
• Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Strong ability to multi task. Ability to speak, listen, and type at same time on occasion can be required